Chapter 8

"No! She will be living with me!" I hear my mom shout in her room.

"You can't even take care of yourself, let alone JiYoon!" My dad argues back.

They're really doing it. They're really getting a divorce. When I got home, I heard them fighting in their room. I don't even think that they know I got home already. I hear the door slam shut.

"Well, she'll decide." My father yells. The front door now slams shut. I guess my dad is going to a motel again.

I'm not even sad anymore. I'm numb. I feel nothing at all. I'm sitting down, hugging my knees, in the corner of my room. I can hear my mom weeping. My chest tightens up, and now I want to yell.

I get up and leave my room, leave my house.

***

I'm at a convenient store. I need something to hurt me. I need something to burn me. I'm here to buy another lighter. I also added other things so it doesn't feel weird purchasing just a lighter.

"Hey! You're Jungkook's friend!" I hear someone say as I'm paying for my things. I get my change and the bags, and I turn around to see who it was.

"Eonni?" I say, shocked at seeing that it was JungSoon. She smiles at me.

"Hi!" She says with a big smile. "I didn't think I'd be seeing you again this soon." I chuckle.

"How's Jungkook?" I ask. She goes to pay for her things.

"He's good." She answers. She finishes paying and looks at me.

"Wanna grab a bite?" She asks. I stand there for a while and then nod.

***

"I just wanted to ask about Jungkook." JungSoon says. We're sitting down at McDonald's.

"When you said that he had a tough reputation, and you didn't like him at first, what did you mean?" She asks, taking a sip from her drink. I breathe out.

"Well, he's known by everyone in school." I start off. "Since the first year, he's been starting fights with random guys, with the help of TaeHyung and Jimin. He's also had countless number of girlfriends, whose hearts he broke later on. And the first day of school, he was an ass to me. Sorry."

JungSoon sighs.

"But he's sweet to you now, right? I mean, he brought you to our house." She says.

"I though he was sweet. But he's still the same." I say standing up. "Sorry eonni. I need to go or my parents will be mad."

She smiles and nods, waving goodbye as I leave.