Chapter 26

It was New Year's Day, and I got a missed call from Jungkook and a few text messages. I peeked on one and it said "Happy New Years!", but I ignored it. I get up and go to my dresser. I look at the mirror and tears form as soon as I see the burned mark on my chin. It didn't really look obvious, but it's darker than my regular skin color.

I get another call but it's from Jimin this time. I answered.

"What?" I say, and my voice cracked. I didn't know that much tears were formed in my eyes, and I didn't even feel my throat feeling clogged up.

"Whoa. Are you okay?" Jimin asks. I stayed silent, trying not to cry. "Well, I'm just calling for Jungkook. He was wondering why you weren't answering him."

And after he said that, I started sniffing more and I even just placed my phone down onto the dresser. I leaned against it, crying a little. A couple of seconds later, I lift up my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I say. I look at my phone and he hung up. I sighed and sniffed, throwing my phone on my bed and sitting down on the floor. I stayed on the floor, hugging my knees, feeling numb. I stared blankly into nothing. I kept doing this for almost 10 minutes.

Then I finally stood up and went to my bed. I breathed in, and breathed out heavily. I shook my head and wiped my tears. I heard my room door opening, assuming it's my dad, assuming he heard me cry.

I look up and it wasn't my dad. It was Jungkook. His eyes widened when he saw me. He ran to me, going to give me a hug, but I shrugged him off. He looks at me confused.

"Get out." I say. He still looks lost. "I said get out."

"JiYoon, what's wrong?" he asks, trying to get closer to me. I shake my head and push him away.

"Get out!" I shout. I look up at him and I know he wants me to tell him what's going on. I breathe out, and the sniff. Tears fall down my eyes again.

"I thought you changed Jungkook." I start off. I shake my head to the floor. "I thought you were different, towards me at least. Jimin told me that I shouldn't be surprised if you stopped talking to me, but he said if you cheated on me I should be because you're not like that."

I shake my head again and scoff.

"But I guess you are like that. I can't believe I let myself fall for a guy like you. I thought people could change their ways, but I guess they can't. You're still the same guy you were when we first met." I say.

"JiYoon, what are you talking about?" he says. I sniff.

"I went over to your house yesterday Jungkook!" I shout, standing up from my bed. "I saw what happened at your house yesterday!"

He looks at me, lost. And then he sighs, realizing what I mean.

"Oh my gosh, JiYoon. No, it wasn't what you think." he says, coming closer to me. I walk back, away from him, shaking my head.

"No. It's exactly what it is. I heard what you said to her, I saw what you two did. I'm not going to become my father in this relationship." I say. Jungkook raises an eyebrow.

"We found out my ex-wife cheated on me." my dad says, leaning against the doorway. We both look over at him and my dad moved himself into my room.

"I think it's best if you left." my dad tells Jungkook. Jungkook looks at me and I can tell he wanted to say something. He looks at my dad and nods. He walks out the room and then out the house. I start sobbing and my dad comes over to me and gives me a hug. He sits both of us down on my bed and he rubs my arms, rocking me back and forth as I keep crying.