ᴍꜱ. ᴡᴏʀʟᴅᴡɪᴅᴇ

''And now, please, welcome with huge applaud our most recent and very brilliant discoveries, representing Europe!' One of the three tournament casters said in his microphone, and the excitement in his voice echoed throughout the whole arena.

Fans were screeching, clapping and cheering for those 12 people now standing in front of everyone on a large stage.

I noticed them wearing either fanmade or verified merch, holding balloons, glowsticks, signs and their faces were usually painted.. creative, indeed.

Red and yellow light from reflectors, arranged all over the interior, was shining in my eyes and I grunted in annoyance.

I looked around without moving my head to scan the surroundings. It was overwhelming. Too many people, loud noises and flashing lights.

''If I leave this place without getting an epileptic seizure or anxiety meltdown, I will believe that I am in fact actually immortal.'' I thought to myself and shifted my gaze on the floor.

The surface of the stage was not slippery at all, unlike the other stages in the 'States'. Pretty impressive, I thought to myself and my body twitched in discomfort.

I was lost in my own thoughts for another minute or so, before I heard my name being said out loud in the microphone and rang in my ears like an annoying mosquito.

Caster's voice made me lift my head up a little and take a peek at the opponents standing next to me, feeling all proud and brave enough to believe they will win. Pathetic. I had to chuckle for myself.

''...Root for our last years multiple Osu! Mania Tournament winner, the charming Y/N Spieler, coming all the way from Germany!''

[AN: OSU! Is a free-to-play rhythm game, where you use keyboard or either a mouse or pen, to beat music maps. There are (obviously) different map difficulties. I highly recommend it.]

This time my name was mentioned by a female voice, also in obvious excitement. I wonder if they pretend for the show or are actually eager like this.

As they finished introducing us to the loud audience, we slowly began approaching our machines. Computers, if you will.

I sat down in my leather red chair sponsored by Secretlab and got comfortable. My view was blocked by the shiny monitor in front of me on a spacious desk.

My focus now got locked onto a big pink circle with white text saying 'OSU!' in the middle of it, and thumping in rhythm of random music playing in the background.

''May the Tournament begin!'' I heard familiar voice again and filtered out the loud cheering as I put headset on my head just like others did. My face expression didn't show any signs of excitement nor stress.

How easy this will be, I wonder?

***

Massive displays above us were showing closer view of our hands on the desk, shifting from one side to another with unbelieveable speed.

I looked with my eyes to the right side for a second just to reassure they are getting tired, but these opponents were quite persistent.

''What an ick..'' I thought to myself and shook my head as my glance went back to my monitor.

9 star rated maps were pretty exhausting for my poor wrinkly brain, but I finished with 99,84% accuracy and dropped the gaming pen on the desk. I lifted my hand to my face and began to nibble knuckles on my left hand.