ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴄᴀᴋᴇ

Ariana Grande's POV

   My arms instinctively wrapped my lover around his neck. I could not help myself but to smile when I heard him say "Hi, baby." With a light chuckle in the tone of his voice.

His hand landed on my waist once I pulled away from the warm embrace to turn around, and introduce him to Y/n.

However, she was too occupied with Victoria and my brother, Frankie. My gaze landed on her face which was signaling the environment is too overwhelming for her and she is feeling uncomfortable.

I remembered her words. Crowds or bigger groups of people make her feel uneasy and anxious. An idea occurred in my mind.

I clasped my hands together, causing everyone to look at me.

"Thank you so much for coming folks, but let's settle down a bit, please. You can go to the living room and wait for me there." I waved my hands that direction and gave a short glance at Y/n. Her eyes were glued to the floor and I twisted my mouth to the side.

"Actually.." I paused. "Y/n, could you please come with me to the kitchen and help me prepare some snacks?" Her cold gaze fixated on me once our eyes met and my lips curled back into straight line.

She then nodded, and with hands in her pockets, Y/n made her way towards me.

I turned around on my heels and led the latter to my kitchen.

"..There should be a bottle with coconut milk in the fridge. Mind passing it to me?" I asked Y/n, as I was standing on my tippy toes, trying to reach for multiple cups for everyone.

I held onto the edge of the kitchen counter to support my balance and before I could react in any way, an extra hand was above mine.

My head snapped to the side to see what is going on and my eyes landed on Y/n's face. She wasn't looking at me, as she was taking cups one by one, trying not to drop them.

A wide smile appeared on my face. "Thank you. That was sweet of you." I thanked with my hand placed over my heart. Y/n nodded, yet her face still wasn't showing any signs of happier emotion.

"There were two bottles, actually. The other one is like.. half empty." Y/n spoke up in a lower tone in her voice, observing both of the bottles. I smirked.

"Half empty, or half full?"

She gave me a confused look and I could not help myself but to giggle. "I can tell you are a pessimist, aren't you?" My hands reached for the bottles to take them away from her hands.

"Uh.." A confused exhale came out of her and she shook her head.

Y/n helped me with getting some crackers, cookies and chips, and although it took only a while to prepare everything, she seemed much more relaxed than before. It made me smile.

She took a sip of her drink and let out a quiet hum. "Aren't you rich enough to get like.. a kitchen that is built according to your height?"

I spun around with my jaw on the floor. A gasp brushed over my lips. "Are you mocking me?" I faked being offended by her words.

"No. Was just sayin' " Y/n shrugged her shoulders, completely unbothered. I gently shoved her arm and chuckled. "Fuck you, Spieler."

A weak smile tugged in the corner of her lips, but quickly faded away. We both looked the same direction and spotted another companion.

I made my way to Dalton and kissed him on his lips. "Y/n, this is my boyfriend - Dalton Gomez." I introduced the latter to my lover once I pulled away and turned around.