bullied {matt}

a/n

request from Eden21184 : an u do one where matt and his siblings r in school and matt gets in a physical fight with another guy over something and the boys try to stop him 

in this one shot their in high school and 15-16 years old

started writing: sep 17 2023 

finished writing: sep 17 2023 

edited: sep 17 2023 

------------

playlist:

-watch by billie eilish 

-never felt so alone by labrinth 

-winner by conan gray 

-decode by sabrina carpenter 

-mean (taylor's version) by taylor swift 

------------

tw: violence (fight), injuries, bullying, anxiety, blood (small mention)

matt's pov

i've never really enjoyed school, not fully at least. i hated almost everything about it, in fact the only thing keeping me sane there is my friends. there was a lot of things you could say i disliked about school (and that's saying a lot because i usually try to keep positive about things) but there was one in particular. noah. he did everything in his power to make me feel like shit every single day. it's like making me miserable is the only thing that gave him enjoyment. now that i think about it, it probably is.

i would give anything for him to leave me alone and for once just let me get through a school day without his rude comments or name-calling, but i know that won't be happening anytime soon. there is nothing i can do to stop it, too. i don't have the confidence to stand up for myself against him, especially since i don't want to cause a scene and have all the attention on me, that would be just as worse as him always ruining my day. i also can't tell anyone about what he's doing because i know he won't stop, he doesn't care about who tells him to stop nor does he care about listening to people, and i hate that.

i don't know how no one has noticed what he's been doing, but then again he always does it when either no one's listening or no one's around. i pray everyday that someone will hear what he's saying and doing to me, but no one ever seems to notice. no one ever seems to care. everyone is too busy with their own lives, going on with their own day, they don't need the extra burden of helping me with this. besides, i can do to it myself, i need to stop relying on other people all the time anyways.

i walked in to first period today after skipping homeroom for what felt like the thousandth time. i couldn't stand to see noah for even more time today, thinking about it gave me an overwhelming amount of anxiety.

when there was fifteen minutes left of first period, (it's maths, my least favourite subject), noah started talking to me as the classroom was loud.

"matt, can i please have your answers?" he asked. i didn't reply and just continued with my worksheet. i knew once i started replying to him he wasn't going to shut up for the rest of the lesson. "matt?" he asked again. i sighed, much louder than i anticipated too. "it's fine, you probably didn't get any of them right anyways, i'll make sure to ask someone smarter next time." noah finished, staring right at me.

"finally, please go away now." i mumbled under my breath. unfortunately, it was loud enough for noah to hear.

"if you're gonna say something to me, at least say it louder. speak up, matt. what did you say?" noah taunted.