𝟬𝟬𝟲

MARIA, MIGUEL, AND AISHA were in their spots talking while they were waiting for Johnny. They snapped out of their conversation when they heard him.

"Quiet!" He yelled. Everyone fell silent. "Face front." Maria, Miguel, and Aisha turned to face Johnny. he slowly walked around the room.

"Nice shirt." He said to Demetri.

He smiled in response. "Thanks."

"I'm joking. It sucks."

Maria snickered quietly. "Word of advice. If you got shit for teeth, don't smile." He said to someone else who was smiling. "God, it makes me feel like a virgin just looking at you." He said to another kid. She tried not to snicker again.

"When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material. I see losers, I see nerds. I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out. But, in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles." He looked at Maria, Miguel, and Aisha at the last sentence.

"So, maybe there's some hope for you yet. But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!" He exclaimed. Everybody else was confused.

"That means line up." Everybody started to line up behind Maria, Miguel, and Aisha. "No, not...not line up in a line. Lines! Get in lines." He said again.

"You mean like rows?" Demetri asked. Johnny put his head in his hands.

"FIGHTING POSITIONS! JAB PUNCH." People started to punch. "Nope, wait till I say go. Hyah!" They all punched. "Hyah!" They punched again.

He walked over to a random kid. "Come on. Stand straight. Plant your feet in there. Hyah!" He said to one kid.

"Are you sure you're right handed?" He said to another.

"Hyah! Hyah! Come on Tits, you can do better than that. You got weight, use it." He said to an overweight kid. "Ready? Hyah! Hyah! Hyah! Hey, Lip."

"Oh, shit." Miguel muttered, knowing very well that Maria's definitely going to say something to Johnny if he says something about Eli's lip.

"Yeah, you. The one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?"

"Excuse me, uh, Mr. Lawrence?" Demetri piped up.

"Sensei Lawrence." Aisha corrected him sternly.

"Okay." He chuckled and put his hands up in surrender, then turned back to Johnny. "You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."

"Oh, is that so? So I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?" Johnny asked.

"Well, yeah." Demetri responded.

"Yeah, well maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world, you can't expect people to do what they're supposed to do. All right, you hear that, Lip? If you can't handle someone making fun of you, how are you gonna handle an elbow to the teeth?" He asked again.

"By calling the police." Demetri answered.

"Demetri, can you just shut the hell up? For once in your life?" Maria piped up.