✪Solider Solider

A week had gone by.

It was unbelievable but somehow an entire seven days went by ever since Shawn and his friends took the plunge and somehow wound up employed in the CIA. A feeling like before, none of it seemed like it was real life or that it was really happening. But it was no dream and Shawn really was there, with his friends, employed in the CIA.

Now he was no agent nor were his friends. In all honesty, Shawn wasn't really sure what he was. He knew what Jimmy was, he was a medic. He even knew what Kurt was, he was in the IT department. But if anyone were to ask Shawn was his position was, he wouldn't know how to answer.

The plaque on the door read "Private Investigator" but Shawn wasn't really doing much investigating. Instead, he was put away in a room all by himself. Filing paperwork he didn't bother reading and typing out on the typewriter every now and again. However, he stopped doing that a couple of days ago when the damn thing kept jamming. When he went to ask Buchanan about getting a new one, he told Shawn to forget about it and just stick to the filing. While having a job like that, it didn't take long for Shawn to get bored.

No, not just "bored" bored out of his mind in complete agony. At least that's what Shawn kept repeating to himself as he sat there. Having the end of his pen in his mouth, swaying back and forth in his swivel chair. Leaning his head back and staring at the blank ceiling until his eyes gave out and fell shut for a few moments.

Getting startled as he heard a knock at the doorway. Shawn flinched so hard that not only did his eyes shoot wide open but he spat out the pen in his mouth. Coughing out a little he moved forward in the chair again and placed a hand onto his chest over his heart.

"Jesus y'scared the daylights outta me!"

"Sorry."

It was Kurt who knocked at the side of the doorway since the door had been left wide open. He was leaning on the frame as he waited for Shawn's response. But instead of anything ordinary he made Shawn nearly jump right out of his own skin.

Shawn shook his head and took a couple of seconds to recollect himself before taking a deep breath.

"No, it's fine."

Pushing out the chair, Shawn moved up to his feet and turned to face Kurt. Leaning his upper back onto the wall behind him he crossed his arms as he addressed Kurt.

"What brings ya by after these long agonizing seven days of work?"

Kurt's eyes lit up a little as he pushed himself off of the doorframe. Then a small light smile appeared on his face.

"I wanted to show ya around the office! Well, you already saw it... but now I'm all settled. I'll show you what I do and all that. Also, Jimmy wanted to show you his as well."

As he listened to Kurt speak, Shawn's eyes softened up and a faint smile appeared on his face as well. Uncrossing his arms he nodded and his own smile grew a little.

"Yeah, sure I'd really like that."

"Figured. I just wanted to get ya out of this room for a bit."

Shawn lightly shrugged and nodded a little. Then he followed Kurt out of the room and down the hallway. Then he walked with him up the steps and over to the IT office area. The place was always impressive even though Shawn had only seen it once. The entire office was made of glass and you could see right into it perfectly. There were people all down the columns of tables. Typing away on their typewriters, each possessing unbreakable concentration. Shawn realized that when he and Kurt stepping inside and not a single person looked up once.

But Shawn didn't give that much attention as he was too caught up in watching Kurt move about excitedly. He kept glancing behind his shoulder to make sure Shawn was following him as he went over to his workspace.