Chapter 11

ADA

Pulling open the doors to the council building, I head inside and spot Annalise in the foyer. She walks toward me but stops when she notices me.

"You're back," she said with a frown. "I will let them know that you are here. They will want to know everything that the alpha said as soon as possible. Wait here."

I said nothing.

Annalise turned on her heel and went back the way she came.

Letting out a sigh, I walked over to the nearby bench and sat down. This place got to me.

I arrived here before most of the witches that are here now. I am probably one of the oldest members here. Well, I know I am the oldest, but they don't know that and don't need to.

Voices came from the other side of me, making me look, and I spotted a few coven members walking out of the building. They don't look my way, but they know I am here.

Most of them are scared of our family, mainly because of Callie's magic. It is rare, but it will never hurt anyone unless she is provoked. She may even take out this coven and more. We don't know how strong she is, but she has been training with Claude for the last seventeen years and has improved more over time as she got older.

I look back and lower my eyes till I meet my lap. Placing my hands on my knees, I close my eyes and calm every fiber in me before I see these obnoxious witches. They all have seen what Callie can do and are impressed, but they still believe that she is a threat to the other witches she knows.

Callie hasn't got many friends, only one, and that is Sienna. And that was frosty, to begin with, as Sienna was chosen to be a guardian of her peers but more for Callie. They wanted to know how Callie would react to her, and they hit it off, which I think is what they didn't think would happen. They thought if she reacted and used her magic, since at the time it was uncontrollable when she was younger, she would hurt her. But Sienna took in her stride and has even become part of the family.

"Ada," a voice called out, making me open my eyes. I glanced at where it came from—Coral. Her eyes met mine, full of concern. I stood up and walked over to her but stopped.

"You okay?" she asked, moving her head to the side. "I'm okay," I muttered, looking toward the council hall. "They're all in there?"

Coral nodded and sighed. "Annalise told them that you were back," she said, looking at me with a small smile. "They want to know what is going on with the pack, why they are offering us to join them in their school, and why now. A few witches were here already, asking questions about the school. Darla told them that you were there. They are going to be in there too."

"I will tell them what they need to know," I sighed, not liking that there would be more people than usual in there with us. That meant I couldn't bring up Callie in front of the other witches. It had to go

through the council members before they brought it to the others, and sometimes they don't even do that.

Coral looked over her shoulder and back at me. She placed her hand in mine and gave me a gentle squeeze. "I wish they would leave Callie alone," she muttered, stepping closer. She leaned into my ear. "They need to free her soon, even if she attends this school. The girl has done everything they have asked of her and more."

Coral pulled back and looked at me with a smile. "I missed my friend," she murmured. "I will have to come and visit." Squeezing her hand, I smiled. "We would all love that," I said, moving to the side and looking toward the hall. "After this, maybe you can come tomorrow and spend time with us. You will have to meet Storm."

Coral has been my friend in this coven for many years and even knows more about me than the others. She joined the council three years ago and has been a godsend to our family. She gives us the inside scope when we need it.

"I bet he has grown," Coral said, pulling me from my thoughts and making me smile. "Oh, you have no idea. Phoebe has to make more food just for him."

Coral giggles but stops abruptly when we hear footsteps coming. She gave me a hard look. "Here we go," she muttered.

Coral steps away and heads into the hall. I let out a sigh and followed her.

The doors are open already, but I know a few new council members are attending this meeting, judging by how many chairs are darted around the room. I walk in and keep my eyes on the council members. All of them are looking at me.

All the people in the room started to stop talking and looked toward me.

"Can we have everyone's attention?" Darla called out, looking around until she landed on me. "We are here to talk about the pack school the wolves advise us. Ada went to discuss with the alpha what the deal is, and she is here to tell us what he has told her."

I sighed and started to tell them what Alpha Cerdick had told me. I laid it all out for them; even when questions came flying at me, I never stopped. I told them what Alpha Cedrick and I came up with and what the pack could offer. Once I finished, my eyes darted to the council members. "That is what he had mentioned," I said. "He stated that we can contact him with questions."

All members nodded, but the other witches started to speak up, and questions started to be thrown about. I listened in and said nothing. Most of what they asked were the same questions I asked Alpha Cedrick.

"Will our children be safe there?" one shouted. "What are their plans for attacks that could happen?" "Do we open our coven up to them now?" another blurts out.

"Calm down, everyone," Darla said, rising from her chair. "We need to discuss this further with Ada and Alpha Cedrick. I told you all that you would know more when we finalized the deal. Whoever told you to stay made the wrong move."

I watched Darla's eyes move to Annalise, who looked away. Darla glared at her but looked back to the others. "I will send word tomorrow afternoon for a meeting with all concerned about who is going," she told all, but her eyes landed on me. "You all can leave. All accept Ada."

Everyone was still talking, but they all left. I stayed rooted to my spot until the last one closed the door, leaving me with the council members.

Darla looked at me. "Shall we discuss what we need to know?" she asked. "We can contact Alpha Cedrick and try to get this sorted."

All of the council members nodded.

Darla glanced at Annalise.

"Annalise," she said. "You can leave also. We don't need the secretary to the council here. You will learn about it like the rest."

My eyes widened. I have never heard anyone being thrown out of a meeting, especially during a meeting like this one.

Annalise looked modified but quickly recovered and glared at Darla. "You can't do that," she said, standing from her seat. "I'm a council member too. If my father hears about this, you will be—"

"Don't threaten me, child," Darla gritted, her jaw ticking. She looked like she was ready to explode. "Your father retired from the council years back. He has no authority here, not now or ever again, do I make myself clear."

Annalise stared at her and opened her mouth, but Butch placed his hand on her shoulder. She looked at him and frowned. She closed her mouth and huffed. She stomped off and headed to the door.

As soon as the door slammed behind her, I looked at the others whose eyes were on me. "Shall we begin?" Darla said, staring back.

I gave her a nod.

This was going to be a long night in the making, especially when it came to these people.