Chapter 1

From the cliff of the mountain, the sun appeared to be bathing on the surface of the lake while setting down, covering the view with its yellow orange rays making  it seem like everything is made of gold .

The cool breeze from the surrounding big trees brushed on the face of a young man who was standing on the edge of the cliff admiring the most beautiful scenery he had ever seen. His blonde curls waved in the air covering his blue eyes .

He gently tucked his hair behind the ear.The forest was mostly silent except for the occasional chirping of the birds and the crushing sound of the fallen leaves as they got swept by the force of the wind.

He felt at home eventhough he had lost his way because he is always monitored by the guards assigned by his father at home. They follow him around all day. So without any prying eyes he felt at ease.

" It feels like heaven".

He shouted facing the sun with a smile. His voice deep and silky echoed in the dense forest.

" But how did I end up here ? " he wondered.

The thought that he could have been kidnapped crossed his mind but there is no signs of struggle and the silk tunic he is wearing looked perfect in place. Moreover, there was no one from the mansion who would want to send him away. If anything they never let him leave their sight.

Eventhough some people felt exhausted for babysitting him, they never complained, because they are getting paid for that and his father will never let them see another day if even a single strand of his hair falls out of place. The thought that his father may be worried sick on his disappearance brought a frown on his face.

The last thing he remember is attending a feast held at his mansion last night . He was stuffing his mouth with delicious food while whining to Jin about how one of the guard dared to look into his eyes when assisting him to get dressed that morning .

He was a little drunk and fuming with rage as he complained to Jin about how he wants to go out enjoy his life like everyone else.

Since birth he is pampered and babied a lot .Everything he wished for would come to his reach with a flick of his finger. But that was all inside the mansion though, because his father never allowed him to set a foot outside the mansion without guards. Minimum of four atleast.

And the reason is still unknown.

He took a deep sigh clearing his mind.

" Maybe I'm dreaming " he exclaimed pinching his cheeks to prove his point which latter was followed by a loud cry.

" Not a dream then" he pouted rubbing his reddened cheeks in a soothing manner.

"Whatever.... I'm finally free and I'm gonna enjoy till it lasts ."
He chuckled starting to wander around the forest trying to find a way out. Despite the ticking time it seemed like he is running in circle cause he came across the exact big tree which he encountered earlier.

" What are you doing here?"

He questioned with frown throwing a weak punch over its trunk.

'Fuck freedom and bullshit.I just wish dad to find me soon.'

The Sun has gone down and it is already dark. Everything seemed pitch black in the dense forest. The relief from earlier on his face soon morphed into panic. The cool breeze made him shiver as he embraced himself seeking warmth. Regretting the way he is dressed in thin layer he made his way through the bushes and bumps while screaming and jumping here and there. After what seemed to be a long time which infact was just few minutes later he saw a dim light probably something like a golden sparkle far ahead hidden behind the heavily grown wild forest trees.

Next thing - he is already tumbling towards it while thanking the heavens for having mercy on him. As he got closer he realized that it is a pair of eyes of some wild creature. His posture became still when he heared a growl.

'Thought I'm saved , but seems like I'm gonna be a prey .'

Too late to regret.

He felt the eyes of the creature all over his body carefully examining every movement from the blink of his eyes to the breath he had held.

He was not sure what kind of animal  until it came closer walking in circle around him. It seemed restless like it was trying to find something. Standing in front of the blonde with an height reaching upto his neck,  black fur dark as a night sky, canines sharp enough to rip him into half, at laut the golden pair of eyes with a piercing gaze now staring into his blue ones.

With a swift move the wild beast sniffed him growing closer to his neck .The blonde held his breath once again not knowing how to react. Slowly lifting his hand he placed it gently near its ears. Sensing no danger from his action he then grazed his fingers through the soft fur seeking some sort of approval.

The creature responded with a low growl while breathing in some more scent. The blonde felt something good inside in a bad kinda way with goosebumps raising all over his skin.

"I... I'm..I'm just too afraid that you'll eat me...." he mumbled
letting out the breath he was holding until now.

"So.. please don't kill me .."
He begged , tears glazing his eyes staring into the golden orbs trying to connect with the beast to convey that he possess no harm.

After a brief pause the animal shifted back creating a decent space between them. However its eyes seemed to be fixed on the other one like some kind of magnet. Can't blame the wolf though, the blonde was such a beautiful sight to hold despite his dishelved state.

The human too was no different compared to the wolf. To say that he is just intimidated about the feral beast would be a lie. There is something more pulling him like a magnet to keep looking at the wolf. The fear of getting mauled by its sharp canines lingered in the surrounding air. The Blonde took a deep breath to subside it while blinking back his tears.

"You're a ...wolf right??". He tried to sound normal clearing his throath.

"I mean you're just ....too big." he gestured with his hands.

"But you still look like a wolf. Though I've never seen anything like you in my life..I think you might be a gaint wild wolf..." He paused.

"Or ..... you can be whatever you're. Who am I to judge...? Right?."

He finished letting out an awkward laugh trying to befriend the said one.

"Let's settle on 'Goldie'....cause your eyes .. you know... " he chuckled.

"Probably you wouldn't know.. but they are beautiful ."

He mumbled softly looking into those said eyes. Meanwhile its gaze completely different from its terrifying appearance. Something loud and clear etched on the way it looked at him but he is just too dumb, more like clueless to read the room.

"I'm an human by the way , if you're wondering.... "
He looked around anywhere except those eyes to divert the attention so that the wolf wouldn't focus on that point.

' Who knows, it may later realize you're an easy prey and will eat you alive'
A voice in the back of his head warned him while he ignored it for now.

All the while the big wolf just stared at him with an unreadable expression.

"I don't know how to explain but ..I'm kind of lost here. Can you help me Goldie?"