P R O L O G U E - I

'Their love is like a spicy dish. One's got the fire, the other's got the quirk, and together, they create a recipe for a sizzling romance.'

●○●

To the one who has the talent for igniting my temper like a sudden lightning strike, only to then effortlessly dispel the storm with laughter, leaving behind the remnants of my irritation as faint clouds on a clear, sunlit day

Yes, this letter is indeed meant for you.

I remember once you mentioned that you never received a personal letter. So today, I find myself penning one for you. I could have expressed these thoughts directly, but then, you might have detected insincerity in my voice.

I'm mystified by your ability to discern my unspoken desires.

How can you sense my longing for a fervent kiss, even when my words are a torrent of frustration?

How do you sense my yearning for a tender, warm hug when I'm just pushing you away with all my might?

And how do you understand my silent wish to stare into your eyes, into the depths of your irises more precisely to tell? Glimmering black. Because it's there that I find my real reflection, unlike anywhere else and I love it the most. No one has ever seen me as you do, peering into the depths of my soul, even when I avert my eyes away from yours.

Throughout my life, I held the belief that no one would ever truly love me. And why should they? I've spent years driving people away with my anger. Those who have stuck around did so either for my wealth or to bolster their own image in front of my family, emphasizing my perceived unworthiness.

And honestly, I had come to accept this reality of my life, as I felt unable to muster the strength to fight against it any longer.

But then, you entered my life, like a radiant beacon amidst the darkness.

At first, I admit, I loathed you. Then, I found myself consumed by jealousy, festering deep within. I couldn't comprehend how someone like you, seemingly adrift in the quest for life's purpose, could radiate such happiness.

I grew to hate you even more as I watched you casually dating a string of seemingly insipid girls.

I hated you when you teased me about my nose getting bigger whenever I shouted.

I hated you, with every fiber of my being.

But, what I failed to recognize was that my hate wasn't rooted in your dalliances or teasing. It wasn't because you dated and joked with other girls.

Instead, it stemmed from the realization that you never once considered, not even in jest if I would ever want to be your date, if only for once.

I didn't hate you because you poked fun at my nose. Rather, it was because you openly complimented other girls, extolling their beauty, while never uttering a word about how lovely I looked.

And in that revelation, I slowly realized, I never truly hated you at all.

I didn't plan on falling for you neither I did fall for you all at once.

I fell for you piece by piece.

At first, it was just your eyes that caught my attention. Then your laughter, your quirks, your kindness... and then I didn't even realize when I fell in love with the whole beautiful mosaic of you.

You are a book with pages I cannot put down. Each chapter reveals more of your enchanting stories, and I fall in love with every word.

But now I find myself lost in the vast spaces between the words of our love story. It's a place beyond our world of love and as much as I love our story, I need to write new chapters for myself. I love you deeply, but I must set myself free from the pages of your book.

I don't even know what I want you to do.

I want you to forget me to find your peace and move on. But then I also want you to remember me as the person I was before the weight of my past traumas and present chaos.

I want you to forget me because I believe there's not much about me worth remembering. But then I want you to remember me because if there's anything small but significant thing about me, you alone hold that memory.

So what I'm trying to say is, I hope you can remember me while still finding the strength to move forward.

I'm getting married next month. And if it does any better help to you hate me then I want you to know... that I was engaged throughout the three years we were together, and I never told you.

So hate me and allow yourself to move on. Find happiness with someone else, the person you've always dreamed of.

I wish I could be that person for you, but deep down, I know it's not possible. Certainly not with the current situation I am going through. And I've come to accept that we weren't meant to be...

Take care, Sarah.

______________________________

So what are your views about this prologue?

VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE this story with your friends.
Happy reading🌸∽Nisha