Chapter 2 ⋆。°✩

Copia's new school was a much farther drive away than his previous school. It was about a 40-minute drive as opposed to the 10-minute drive he had previously done.

He was sitting in the car's passenger seat, listening to the radio and looking at the scenery as Alex drove the car. He liked to let his mind wander into his imagination and his daydreams. He sought more comfort in a hopeful dream than in his current reality. 

Part of him wishes he was like everyone else whose mother or father drove them to school every morning, he was jealous of the parental love his peers received. Of course, he loved and appreciated Alex being there for him his whole life, but he wished it could be his mother or his unknown father who had cared for him. His mom was probably asleep at the Ministry, hours away in Rome at the moment. Who knows where his father is.

Alexandra notices Copia's anxious demeanor and decides to say something. "Hey, Copia?"

He turns his head to look at her "Yes?"

"How about after school today we go out for dinner and get some gelato? Y'know, something to look forward to"

Copia smiles "Yes, that sounds great. Where should we go?"

"Hmmm im not sure, we can just walk around the city and find a place?"

"Yeah sure, Thank you, Al"

"Of course" she says with a warm smile

She continues on driving to the school, and Copia turns his attention back to watching the scenery. He taps his feet to the sound of "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson playing on the radio, which is one of the most popular songs at the moment. 

Michael Jackson is another one of his musical inspirations, alongside Kirk Hammett. He wishes he could sing like Jackson and play guitar like Hammett. As a matter of fact, he had convinced his mother to enroll him in guitar lessons a few years back. He also sang in his old school's choir to try and better his singing abilities. 

Soon, the car was approaching the new school, and it was huge. Copia's heart started to beat faster, and his breathing was speeding up. The car pulled into the parking lot in the back, and it was time for him to exit.

"It's going to go great C, im sure of it" Alex says with a smile

"I really hope so..."

"Just look forward to after school. You can push through today, I believe in you"

Copia exhales deeply "Thank you..."

He slowly opens the car door and gets out. He grabs his backpack, puts it on, and shuts the door behind him. Alex waves him goodbye, and he does the same. Soon, Alex drives the car away and Copia is left standing there alone.

"I should probably get my schedule out" he mumbles to himself

He opens his bag and pulls out the folded-up paper schedule that Alex gave him a few days ago. He figures out the room number for his homeroom and begins to make his way there. He walks inside the big building and his ears immediately fill with the sounds of people talking. There are a lot of people.

So many people his age, all walking around the busy school figuring out where their homeroom is. He wonders if anyone else is new like him, and he sure hopes so. He really doesn't want to be "the new kid".

After climbing several sets of stairs, he reaches the hallway which presumably houses his homeroom. He finds the room, takes a deep breath, and steps inside.

Copia arrived around 10 minutes early, which is a relief to him since he has more time to get prepared. He looks around the room and sees there are also a few people who are early like him, including his teacher.