Chapter 9

I woke up clinging to a pillow. I snuggle closer to the pillow, and realization hits me.

Do pillows breathe? Or have a face? Or snore?

"Aaaaahhhh."I scream and jump out of the bed.

"What?!"Dylan says now up and alert.

"I'm sorry, I though you would've left."I say staring down at the ground embarrassed.

"I was about to leave, but I fell asleep, so..."Dylan says looking at me slightly before staring at the floor.

"Oh."I say and look up at him.

"So why were you scared yesterday, what happened?"Dylan asks with concern. I guess he deserves an explanation, so here goes nothing.

"I used to have a boyfriend named Alex. We were young and thought we were in love. We were only freshman though, and although we thought we would be highschool sweethearts, it didn't turn out that way." I say before sitting down on my bed and gesturing him to sit down next to me.

"We made fake ID's, and he took me to a club. I was hesitant to go, but I trusted him, so we went anyways."I took a pause to sigh, and continued on with my past memory.

"He got drunk, and when we got home he started beating me. It turns out he was just using me as some kind of accessory, and when I tried to break up with him, he only beat me more."

"He was caught beating me, and was sent to jail. He then committed suicide, and wrote a letter saying that he did love me, and it was my fault he killed himself. Do you think that's true?"I ask Dylan, with tears lining my eyes.

Dylan scooted closer to me, and hugged me. "It was his own fault for being such a jerk, and he deserved to die after what he did to you."He said while holding me tight.

"I know it's soon, but do you want to be my girlfriend?"Dylan asks pulling away from me slightly.

"Yes."I say before kissing him square on the lips, and then when we pull apart, I smile and crawl back under the covers letting sleep overtake me once again.