Chapter 12

"Your pledge is to serve your master well. If you broke it, may you go astray and never go back as you have failed your duty."

"If you were to switch your lane once you did, there will never be any other option."

"Serve a life or be gone forever."

——

"Minji, we're going off now!" The older Pham shouts as younger one just finished putting on her shoes, right hand is already on the knob.

"Hm!" The said bear just hums. Weird, they thought. Usually Minji would just stand on the corridor with a grin or just lay on the floor sleepily. She just hummed, which they had confirmed that the bear is very awake, plus, she's not standing in the corridor.

"Ugh. I better go check first if she had set the living room on fire." Hanni groans at Minji's lack of response.

"What are you doing?" She asks even before she came to her sight.

Minji's currently laying on her stomach, legs waving childishly, and writing? All those tutorials Hyein showed her had really paid off. Hanni was trying to peak on what she's writing but Minji's face was too close to the paper.

Putting her nose on other's business is the last thing she wants to do but she can't help but to wonder what Minji, who is like a new-born cub, is writing about. She's unpredictable. Hanni always thought Minji doesn't think before she acts. What could be running in her mind?

Finally, her curiosity lost (and time is running) Hanni lands a light kick on Minji's waist, earning a flinching bear.

"NO!" Minji suddenly shouts, hugging the paper along.

"What?"

"Minmin is not finish! Hanni can't see it yet!"

"I don't even-"

"Unnie! Come on!"

With a groan, Hanni makes her way.

"Where are you going?"

"To school, remember?" She manages to peek through her shoulder. Minji is now standing, holding the paper close to her chest while tilting her head. Hanni would think she's cute but the level of denseness in the latter is fogging her mind.

"Ah" Minji finally remembers. See?

"Oh and don't burn the house." Her daily reminder didn't go unsaid. As well as Minji's daily goodbye kiss.

And a punch on her guts.

——

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD-"

"Oh, there she is." Danielle points with her chin when she hears the familiar spat along with her rapid footsteps.

"Ayo, why are you so late? I almost drink your precious banana milk." Haerin frowns once Hanni took the said boxed drink away, drinking it as she was dehydrated for 712178 months already.

"Omg, CHILL YOU WOMAN!" She shouts when Hanni almost choked.

"What's going on?"

It took a few moments for Hanni to regain herself before speaking but is still panting, "You guys remember Jeongwoo, right?"

"Park Jeongwoo?" Danielle answered and Hanni nodded.

"That stinkin' ex-crush of yours?" Haerin continued.

"STILL." The latter corrects her before shoving the satan's shoulder, "And he is not stinkin'!"

"OW! How am I supposed to know, you haven't talk about him since forever! And he cock-blocked some of my pranks before which is not cool!"