Chapter 19

The memories of Minji back when she's still with Wonyoung merges through Hanni's bubbles.

The amount of displeasure she receives when Minji told her Wonyoung intermittently hurt her when she messes up something, every hits made her realise a thing or two, how slowly her memory came back. In which the last one hit, literally, the jackpot.

"Did...did she kiss you too?" Hanni couldn't help but to ask, her curiosity raging.

Minji nods.

Of all the replies Minji gave her that night, that one really slaps her on the face, it could fracture her face if it were to obtain physically.

But, Minji was quick to add that she wasn't pleased with those action of affections as they were making her feel vexatious.

Although it's out of the context to thought so, what will happen if Minji didn't ran away that night? How will she end up? Is there anything else Wonyoung had desired if Minji was persistent? You'll never what will come from kids of their age, teens to be precise.

As if Hanni was falling, her body jerks up, coupled with a gasp from her mouth on the image that she didn't intend to visualize, her eyes shot open obviously awaken by now. She sits up swiftly, beads of sweat are visible.

The room was too quiet for her liking, she may have turned her head to the other side of the bed a little too quickly that it might snap, having her fingers crossed mentally upon Minji's presence.

As if God was listening to her, she lets out a sigh of relief seeing the baby bear curled under the sheets with only up until her nose are on display and Hanni fights the urge not to pepper kisses all over her forehead because of the cuteness.

Throwing away any other concern she has that morning, she slowly crawls back into the sheet, matching Minji's level and scoots closer to hug the latter hopefully falls back in slumber.

But before she could, something else was inside the sheet blocking her movement. Curious, Hanni pulls down the bedsheet and was so close to screaming her lungs out when she sees Hyein hugging Minji on waist as if her life depends on it.

They basically look like a turtle hugging a bear, Minji also has an arm over Hyein somehow making Hanni slightly annoyed. She tugs her little sister's pyjama from the back to wake her up (and tells her to get out) but the younger only clings tighter, groaning along the way.

"Nooo.." Hyein mumbles sleepily, rubbing her face on Minji's torso making her face twitch because of the friction.

"Hyein, you're disturbing Minji's sleep..." her sister whispers, in response, Hyein softens her holds.

"If I let go, Minji won't remember me..."

The older's heart drop, even her sister knows how to appreciate the bear more than herself, the owner. Hyein may have seen her in different perspectives in which Hanni didn't. She was selfish, but she admitted it.

"I won't do that.." a faint whisper suddenly replies Hyein, the hand draped over her no rubbing her back up and down.

"Never again." she adds making Hyein looks up and meet Minji smiling softly at her with her eyes half open.

"I'm sorry Hyein, I-"

Before Minji could even finished, the little one throws herself to her making them fall off the bed and onto the floor, Hanni quickly crawls to the other side of the bed to look at them, Hyein had her arms over Minji's neck like a baby.

"You bear- promise?" Minji laughs while patting the sore spot on her butt because of the impact just now, "Promise!"

"Don't leave us?"