Amaakpa and its structure

Amaakpa: the fictional world where I basically dispatched my OCs into, of course, against their will. It is a modern-fantasy world where magical creatures, humanoid ones, and magicians are in a form of hierarchy. In this world, the magicians are at the top trying to undermine the other species in fear that they might take control.

 My OCs and their stories take place in the modern world, so real world locations are used. Since this whole world building, story making and all were originally done in Korean, most keywords, character names and locations will be in Korean while those which were originally meant to be in English or other languages will remain so.

There are 5 main types of sentient beings in Amaakpa:

-Non-magicians: normal human beings with no particular knowledge of the magical world nor ability to control magical elements.

-Magicians: human beings who can use magic. In the East, they use their bare hands and all of them have natural elements as bases for their magic. In the West, magicians are more accustomed to using wands or staffs. Their magic is not any element based, making them able to do multiple activities but their magic is slightly weaker as they are not specializing in one area.

-Hyol-ja: humanoid magical creatures capable of thinking and living like human beings, but have special powers specific to each person. They can either disguise themselves as humans or turn into their true forms, which set the baseline of their unflattering nickname: "Demons"

-Yang-in: humanoid magical creatures who are almost identical to magicians, being able to control elements at will, depending on which natural element their magical prowess is derived from. Only difference is that they have two forms like the Hyol-ja: a human form and their true form, which gave them the nickname: "Angels". However, due to the fear of them overthrowing the magician-based society, they are given almost as little privilege as the Hyol-jas.

-Yogue: magical creatures who can change from an animal to a human at will. They are divided into different clans according to their animal form. They are predominantly humane and their animal counterparts only give them certain enhanced abilities or qualities, e.g. enhanced eyesight or higher IQ than normal humans.