Acid

First character from the Main 6

Acid Heruys (에시드 히어가이즈)

-Protagonist

-Species: Hyol-ja

-Hyol-ja skill: shadow matter-based magic and checking other people's skills

-Affiliation: Viribus Academy, ESTC Group A-7

-Date of birth: March 28th

-Age: 12~17 (But for this work, we'll just fix her age as 16)

-Favourite food: eomuk

-Weapon of choice: sword

-Nationality: Korean-English

-Characteristics and Appearance-

⭙ Has straight long black hair which she normally ties into a low ponytail and has no bangs

⭙ Her eyes are the darkest shade of brown

⭙ Her face is neutral most of the time

⭙ Wears half-circle shaped glasses

⭙ Usually wears dark-coloured clothing

⭙ Described as 'neutral, ok-looking' by most, except Autan, who describes her as 'pretty if she smiles'

⭙ Heavily introverted and reserved, but she does have a cocky and dark-humored side

⭙ Character with similar vibes: Wednesday Addams from the Addams Family

-Lore-

 In Amaakpa, hyol-jas are not given human rights, even though they are capable of thinking and behaving the way humans do. Not to mention, they even look like humans. However, they are portrayed as 'savages' and are commonly called 'demons'. Modern day interpretation and drawings of devils are based on them, which is insulting to their species.

 Due to this prejudice, hyol-jas are hunted down by 'Demon Hunters' and are experimented on. If anyone resists too much and is deemed 'too troublesome', they are killed on the spot.

 Acid's parents were subjected to the former fate.

 Seven years after she was born, her parents got kidnapped and started to be used as human test subjects for experiments. She fled and got taken into a family of non-magicians, who knew little of her past. Her cousins and other relatives thought she and her parents were dead until she reunited with them after some years.

 Her main story arc is driven by her ambition to free her parents and reunite with them.

Along the way, she also joins her fellow hyol-jas to seek out the equal treatment they feel they deserve. She works as a spy for the hyol-jas through Autan, her childhood best friend, before the magicians at Viribus Academy figures out her identity and chases her away. From then on, she joined a hyol-ja camp called ESTC.

 In the end, she reunites with her father, her mother having died from all the experiments conducted on her. Although the laws discriminating hyol-jas were removed and the Demon Hunters were disbanded, hatred and confusion still remained.

 Ultimately, Acid would die in the hands of one of her old classmates at Viribus Academy.

-Family members-

-Suho Ma(마수호)- older maternal cousin, closest relative to Acid after her father. He was forced to join the Demon Hunters but he stood by her the second he realised she was still alive after being separated

-Sujae Ma(마수재)- twin brother of Suho, not as close but still maintains a good relation. He was also forced to join, but he wasn't as severely abused by his mother as Suho was since he didn't resist as much. Still, he stood by Acid after their reunion

-Suhui Ma(마수희)- younger sister of Suho and Sujae, she is the same age as Acid and they grew up really close. She only joined the Demon Hunters because her older brothers did and she cared for Acid almost like a sister.

-Rex Campbell- younger paternal cousin, he is 14 years younger than Acid. Acid practically helped his aunt raise him after she found out about him. He looks up to Acid as his role model.

-Dylan- Acid's father. He jokingly said that he would name his child in a way that people would know he's a potions expert and a chemist. Then, his wife realised he wasn't joking. All jokes aside, he is a very emotional man who tries to bond over with his daughter and care for her after all those years of separation. He has trouble adjusting to normal life due to PTSD and the after-effects left on his body after the experiments he was used for.

-Yuan Kim(김유안)- Acid's mother. She used to be a weak magician who was destined to die early due to a rare disease that ran in her family. After finding out what Dylan was, she begged him to turn her into a hyol-ja as well, saying that she didn't care about the discrimination she would receive. Later on, she died due to the experiments conducted on her, not being able to bond with her only daughter.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it for Acid, whew. Yeah, it's kinda messy since I tried to narrow a fricking life story down to one wattpad chapter, but eh, I tried -3-

Next up is her childhood bsf, Autan :D