Fourteen

third pov :: baek eunju

Jealousy. Jealousy was the only thing Baek Eunju could feel as her eyes followed Heeseung and Sarang around the Arcade.

She could hear the giggles they shared amongst themselves and see the sly touches they'd share, causing her chest to bubble with anger.

Why couldn't he just like her? Why couldn't he just want to be with her instead? Why couldn't she be as pretty as Sarang? Why couldn't she be as slim as Sarang? Why couldn't she be as perfect as Sarang? Maybe then Heeseung would spare her two glances.

Eunju was cut from toxic thoughts once a warm finger gently brushed against her cold ones.

It caused her to jump slightly, and turn her eyes away from the couple and up at Sunghoon, who looked down at her with pouted lips.

"Come on." He nodded his head over to the arcade games and interlocked his fingers with hers. "Staring will only make it worse." He shrugged and lead her over to one of the racing car games.

All Eunju could do was smile with gratefulness as she sat in the fake car seat. She was grateful Sunghoon was able to distract her from heartbreak.

"I'll race you — Though, it'll probably be just a normal game for me." Sunghoon teased with a smirk on his lips.

"I don't think so." Eunju shook her head, chuckling slightly. "I played these games religiously when I was younger, so I guess you could say I'm a pro."

"Pfft," Sunghoon rolled his eyes and held onto the steering wheel tightly. "I can already see your nose growing, Pinocchio."

"Mine?" Eunju's eyes widened in shock, pointing to herself before shaking her head moderately and getting into the right position to play the game.

"Are you ready to be beaten, Mr. Park?" Eunju questioned, smirking as she glanced over at the boy.

"Are you, Miss. Baek?"

"I let you win."

"Oh, whatever."

"Seriously."

"Just admit it, I'm better than you." Eunju grinned proudly, as she and Sunghoon walked side by side to the next machine.

"You're not better than me. I let you win because I thought it'd brighten your evening." Sunghoon attempted to redeem himself, but all Eunju could do was shake her head and deny his excuses.

"Whatever — Hey, what do you want?" Sunghoon asked, his eyes capturing a claw machine with plenty of cuddly toys inside. "You're the winner, so this will be your prize."