Thirty four

third pov :: baek eunju

"I really can't wait for school to be over." Insoo huffed with a small smile, her arm linked with Eunju's, as the two walked around the school during break.

It was the next day — Wednesday — and to say that Eunju was thankful that her painful cramps had disappeared would be an understatement. At least one good thing had happened that day.

"Though, I'm not sure how long I'll have left..." Insoo sadly shrugged and Eunju looked over at her with scrunched up brows.

"I'm sure you'll have plenty of time, Insoo — and within that plenty of time, I'll make sure you have the best time ever." Eunju reassured the girl, who nodded slightly.

"Well, let's start that now — can you come over to my house after school?" The Park girl wondered with a hopeful smile.

Eunju thought for a moment. She wanted to — she really did, however just the thought of seeing Sunghoon again made her heart ache. She didn't want to risk seeing him, to relive the memories of what happened that night, but she wanted to spend time with Insoo. She couldn't allow that to hold her back forever, right?

"Please, Ju," Insoo pouted and playfully shook the taller girls arm. "Sunghoon won't be there, if that's what's holding you back. He's got Basketball practice."

A sigh of relief passed Eunju's lips, as she was quick to bob her head yes, causing Insoo to let out an excited squeal and for her to jump up and down a few times.

"Great! It's going to be so fun. We can bake cookies if you'd like — watch a movie?" Insoo suggested once they began walking again, and Eunju couldn't help but muster a chuckle as she added on to the long list of fun things they'd do.

Later that school day, Eunju sat outside on a bench alone, due to Park Insoo having to finish off taking pictures for the schools website.

A small sigh of relaxation escaped Eunju's lips, as she listened to the music that played in her headphones whilst sipping on the banana milk she got from the cafeteria.

The weather this day was different. Unlike yesterday, where the clouds were almost black, today, there wasn't a cloud in sight. The sun was shining brightly and it gave Eunju the real summer feeling.

It gave her a sense of hope somehow, that her future would turn out better than she currently thought it would — and that's all she needed right now.