Thirty One

third pov :: baek eunju

Baek Eunju hadn't expected her friends to still want to be friends with her after the 'break up,' but when she saw Park Insoo widely smiling and waving at her as she walked up the path to school, her whole perspective changed.

She still wanted to be friends?

Wouldn't that just be awkward?

"Good morning, Eunju." Insoo greeted, linking her arm with Eunju's as they began to head towards the school. "Have you eaten?" She wondered, glancing over at the taller girl who had a look of confusion on her face as she slowly nodded.

"What?" Insoo furrowed her brows.

"You're still my friend?" Eunju asked, raising a brow.

It was just like Eunju was looking into a mirror, because immediately after the questioned was vocalized, confusion was on Insoo's face.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well... because me and your brother broke up...?" She answered, her eyes squinting as she waited for Insoo to remember and start yelling at her before walking away.

"And? You're my friend, Ju and just because you've broken up with my brother, doesn't mean we can't be friends." Insoo explained, smiling once again and she playfully nudged Eunju with her shoulder, causing her to smile warmly in gratefulness.

"Oh, that reminds me," Insoo began, before she took her backpack off of her shoulder and began rummaging through it. "You like Banana milk, right?"

Eunju's eyes lightened at the sound of the flavored drink and she instantly bobbed her head. "Of course."

"Great." Insoo smiled triumphantly as she brought out a small carton of banana flavored milk and handed it to Eunju. "I bought it for you on the way to school."

"Thank you." The Baek girl stated, her voice soft as she swiftly began to unwrap the straw from the plastic paper.

"It's no problem. I saw it in the shop and for some reason, I had this feeling that I knew you'd like it." Insoo chuckled as she told the girl her story. "I guess that's a sign that we're going to be the bestest of friends."

Eunju couldn't help but chuckle also and nod her head in agreement as they entered the school. "I guess it is."

Expecting to not have any friends this morning was one thing, but expecting to see a new transformed Park Sunghoon was another.