Ponyboy image for DefLepord_86

Trigger warning: Self harm and mental health

Ponyboy's POV

I walked into Yn's bedroom after her mom let me in the house. I was met with the sound of crying and the bathroom door was closed. 

 "Hey, babe? It's me. Are you alright?" I asked. I tried to open the door but it was locked. "Go away, Ponyboy." she said. I leaned against the door, I could smell cigarette smoke. I knew she smoked already so she's not hiding that.

 "Open the door or I'll tell your parents you smoke." I said, not the best way to get her out but I was getting worried. 

I didn't get a response so I started hanging on the door, how her parents didn't year me I don't know. 

 "Yn Ln, open this door! I'll get Darry to knock down! You know I will!" I was a little louder but didn't yell. 

I twisted the handle and,without meaning to, broke the lock. The door opened and all I was was darkness. I turned on the light and there was blood everywhere. Yn was sitting there, her arms were bleeding and her clothes were drenched in red. I froze not knowing what to do or say. 

 "Please tell me you murdered someone in here." I said but she shook her head. "Why did you do this to yourself?" I asked, slowly walking over and taking the vazor blade out of her hand. 

 "I can't do anything right, Ponyboy." She cried "It would be easier if I wasn't here." "Not for me." I said, sitting on the floor in front of her. "I need you, you're the best thing in my life. You kept me from going crazy in that church. You helped me through my parents, Johnny and Dally's deaths. I can't loose you." 

 I put my hand on her shoulder. "I'm gonna help you get though this, I'm gonna be here every minute of every day, until you are passed this. I won't tell your parents, I won't tell nobody. We're just gonna do this together. Only us." 

 She hugged me and I hugged her back. 

She did get passed it a year later, we are the only ones who know what happened. I'm happy to say she is back to being my happy girl again. Even with she'd never gotten passed it, I still would've stayed and helped her until the day I died.