Chapter 3 - First day of school

I spent the rest of the day playing with my power. The excitement didn't go down easily and I even felt like this was a reward given to me for my past hardships. The last few months had taken a toll on my mind. I had resolved to try to forget the events that happened before I was forced to move to this town but the will just wasn't there. Way too often, I could still feel myself boiling from rage at the unfairness of my situation.

Mind reading helped me forget about it. It was up to me how to interpret the reason why I suddenly received this ability. I decided this was the perfect way to cut myself off from my past. There would be the me before the power and the me after the power. It also helped that the ability was so interesting and addictive.

Contrary to what one may think, people's thoughts were on the boring side most of the time. Even though I felt like a Peeping Tom, I still wandered around to get used to both the phenomenon of hearing voices in my head and folks' usual thoughts. However, most of the time also meant there were some interesting thoughts now and then.

Some people might be in the middle of thinking about something important, like a crucial operation in their business, a secret they heard recently, or even indecent thoughts. Speaking of indecent, if I believed those were limited to men, I rapidly changed my mind. Women were as erotic in their minds as men, if not more. If there was a difference, it probably was the number of people having those thoughts. There were indeed more men having delusions about sex at a given moment, at least in the context of being in a public space.

A lot of the secrets or important information I learned about didn't have any use to me but that didn't mean it would always be the case.

After getting familiar enough with my power, I went back home to prepare for the following first day of school. Overall, there wasn't that much to do and I simply cleaned my flat while doing the laundry to have a stock of clean clothes to wear. The evening was spent researching, as I always did. This time was even better than usual due to the help of a young couple doing pair research somewhere in my apartment building. I didn't feel proud to use them like this but the situation was more than good enough to produce high-quality results. Plus, I didn't have any headphones anymore so this was as good a replacement as any. I fell asleep satisfied with my day and my new situation for the first time in a long while.

It was now Monday and I woke up still in a good mood. The voices in my head had gotten out of control during the night and I immediately toned them down to an acceptable level. I then focused on preparing for school. After eating some leftover food from the previous days, I took a quick shower and put on some decent clothing. My studio was small and not very luminous but it had at least one advantage: it was close to school. It only took me ten minutes of walking to reach Bayram high school, where I would spend the next two years of my life.

I saw other students greeting their friends after the long vacation, with wide smiles on. For me, there was no such thing as a familiar face. I was as far from my previous home as the country size allowed and I knew absolutely no one. Hell, the kind lady from the prior day was the closest thing to an acquaintance I had in town. This said it all about my situation.

The school was relatively nice. It was comprised of two buildings, one for normal classes and one for science or art classes. The two structures were separated by a pleasant piece of greenery which even had a few trees. It felt like one had to go through a mini-forest, or a park, to reach the secondary building. The main building was also the one facing the entrance and was comprised of three floors, one for each school year. This is where I was headed. I was assigned to class three and as a sophomore, my classroom was located on the second floor.

As usual, people watched me carefully as I passed by them. Some even cringed, looking afraid. I was used to it by now but this aspect of me probably was the one responsible for most of my troubles in life. As for my parents, they looked as normal as could be and, as such, they had little empathy for my situation. Whatever, it was better to forget about them. There was no need to re-ignite my rage for no reason, especially when I was ready to start anew in this place.

I reached my classroom a few minutes before the first lesson and my many classmates reacted like other people as they glanced at me. To spare everyone from having a bad experience on the very first day, I purposely chose to sit all the way to the back, in the corner close to the corridor. I wanted to choose the corner seat where the window was but unfortunately, it was already taken.

A few minutes more and every seat was filled. It was time to make good use of my ability and get a feel for my classmates.

("I wonder who our homeroom teacher will be.")

("2. 4. 3. Hm, 7 maybe, not too bad. 4. 2. What the hell is that gangster at the back? -10.")

("Sigh, here we go for another year of boring school.")

("They increased my weekly payments by $100. How am I going to earn that much? Is there any boy in this class that looks like they have a lot of money?")

("Can't wait to be home and play some games already.")

("Hmm, yes, it feels just right. If I move my butt slightly, it hits at a good angle. I could cum just like this if I'm not careful.")

("I heard the new history teacher was quite the looker. I hope she gets to teach us.")

As expected, it was all normal thoughts from students attending the first day of school. The bell rang but the teacher still hadn't arrived.

("This guy looks poor. This one too. Perhaps this one? Or should I find one more sugar daddy?")

("When is the homeroom teacher going to come?")

("If I put my weight on my butt, it goes even deeper. Oh yes, feels amazing.")

It was all absolutely normal...

("I don't want them to rape me again because I was late to pay. I'll need to find something to earn more.")

("Oh crap, it's hitting a really good spot. I'm going to cum. Mhmmm!")

What was wrong with this class?! How terrible was this girl's life even?! And what the hell was this other girl doing right in the middle of the classroom?!