The Big Day II

Recap from last chapter: America grinned, "well, I wouldn't say that." Suddenly, the flaming circle transformed into a giant flaming Eagle. "Well well well, looks like someone's been busy."

"You like it!" America shouted.

[Nobody's POV]

America made his way closer to the Chinese, a big smile kept on his face. The flaming eagle followed it's master. China stared at the flaming eagle, "so...you finally figured it out." The American gave a slight giggle, he lifted his arm up for the bird to land. The bird's size seemed to change as it got closer.

"Pretty cool right?" America replied back giving the bird some treats, "I even taught it some tricks." China looked at the eagle, "what's it's name?" America looked at the bird on his arm with his thinking face on. He turned back to China and threw the bird at him, "umm I don't know, but all I know is that he's pretty cool."

Before the Chinese could react, the bird had disappeared into flames. China stared at America confused, "wha- what was that all about?!" America stared at him, "For bein' a jerk. JERK." After he said that, the American started running away from the angry country chasing him.

Suddenly, the first bell rang and the rest of the students started making their way to class. Meanwhile, the two countries were still chasing each other in a circle. America stopped in his tracks when he saw a familiar figure heading towards them. 'Dad?' America thought to himself as China caught up to him. China put a hand on the American's shoulder, "ha- well, I'm off to class see ya later loser." 

"Wha-a-I- UGhGh! JERK!" America responded making a fist. The Chinese ran off to class leaving America alone. Although, he wasn't technically alone..

"America?" A familiar voice spoke up from behind America. Startled, the American turned around. 'Yep, it was dad alright.' The man wore a black suit, his hair was neat and he spoke with an accent. "What the bloody hell are you doing out here. Shouldn't you be in class?"

"Uhh, I was...I just- forgot my..backpack out here." America looked around as he fiddled with his fingers. The other country wasn't having it and asked a second question, "oh really? Why are you out here without your restrainers on?" America looked up with a guilty look on his face.

He lifted his hands to see that he did not have his restraining cuffs on. 'Shoot I forgot..'

[America's POV]

I looked at dad who seemed really pissed at me. I gave a small smile and nervously laughed. "Oh..you see, I forgot to put it on this morning." I said as I got out my cuffs from my pocket. My dad took them and activated them. I looked at him annoyed, I hated the cuffs so much. My parents made me wear these annoying cuffs ever since my ability awakened. 

Before I even got to tell him another excuse, he had already put the cuffs on my wrists. The restraining cuffs are pretty normal for everyone..even adults, but I don't really get why we wear these. Sure, I know it's for safety and stuff, but like..they're restraining us! It doesn't really let us be free ya know? It's like a punishment or something, which in my case it is..sort of.

"Alright, now that that's out of the way, you should head to class." My dad said ruffling my hair. 

"...you..didn't comb your hair did you?" I gave him a guilty smile, "I guess...but I like it this way." He gave me one last pat on the head. (He was probably trying to make it neat but failed ha-)

"Fine, get to class already. Today's the big day isn't it?"

'Oh shoot! I'm late!' "Fine." I replied.

As I headed towards the building I heard my dad calling for me, "Oi! Don't forget to fix your hair! It's a mess!"