JULES

The last time Jules cried so much was when her older brother Grayson came back from the hospital with a grim look on his face and said words, 'He's gone

The last time Jules cried so much was when her older brother Grayson came back from the hospital with a grim look on his face and said words, 'He's gone.' She couldn't bring herself to attend her father's funeral till the end. She still remembered crying in her grandfather's arms. 

Now he is gone as well

Jules thought that she'd toughened after her father's death and her mother's departure from her life. That she had become independent with her emotions. She'd never realised how heavily she relied on her grandfather, who was bound to leave someday

She felt cameras flash on her face as she walked down after reading her eulogy. She wanted to fucking break those cameras and the hands of the reporters. She never liked how anything that happened in her family made the headlines the next day. Now too, her grandfather's funeral was being turned into a show. 

The Bennetts could never catch a break. 

She felt a pair of strong arms pull her away from the cameras. She didn't even realise that she had stopped on her track and had begun glaring at the reporters. 

Jules looked up to meet Grayson's blue eyes. "Excuse us." Grayson said to the reporters as he took her away from there. 

"Must they make a headline out of everything?" Jules grumbled as she walked back to her seats with her two other older brothers, Xander and Aaron. "They're journalists Jules, that's what they do." Grayson spoke calmly. She always envied how he carried himself — unreadable and calm with a hint of danger in his crystal blue eyes. 

"They have no sympathy. Someone died and all the care is story for news." Jules grumbled, sniffling, trying to control her tears and the sobs that came along with them. 

"Our grandfather wasn't just someone Jules." Aaron spoke behind her, his voice thick and on the verge of breaking. Unlike their eldest brothers Grayson and Xander, Aaron was an emotional wreck like Jules was, a little less perhaps, but he was quite emotional. 

"This kind of commotion did not happen when Dad died.." Xander grumbled behind her. 

"Dad wasn't the owner of multibillionaire company, neither was he a public figure." Grayson sighed, his arm still around Jules' shoulder. She nodded quietly in agreement. She stifled a sob as silent tears rolled down her eyes. "All we have is each other now." She mumbled leaning into Grayson's hold. He rubbed her arm gently while kept his eyes set on the photo of their grandfather in before them. 

"Do not forget Aunt Rosie." Xander said, placing hand on Jules' shoulder, earning an audible scoff from Aaron and Jules. 

"The woman who couldn't make it to her farher and brother's funeral? She can go drive her Mercedes off a cliff for all I care." Jules spoke after the scoff she let out. 

"She'll be here to get her inheritance though. " Aaron scoffed making Grayson sigh. 

"I am sure Grandpa didn't leave her shit." Xander said. "We all know how he felt about her." He added.