JULES

A day ago

A day ago.

"The contract is ready, mister Reed." Jules spoke in her professional tone.

Edward took the papers from her hands, his fingers brushing against hers for a fleeting second. Jules withdrew her hand immediately, as appealing as it was to be sitting before your celebrity crush discussing, she needed to remember they were doing business with each other.

"The terms are simple." Jules said.

'Party A and Party B shall pretend to be the most romantic couple in public.'

'Party A and Party B shall be married for two years and divorce as soon as the time duration is over.'

'Under no condition will Party A and Party B engage in romantic feelings.'

'Party A and Party B will do what they need to do to help each other achieve their respective goals.'

'Party A and Party B shall live under the same roof as flatmates while they pretend to be married in public.'

'Communication between Party A and Party B is mandatory to maintain a healthy partnership.'

"The terms are agreeable." Edward smiled, picking up the pen in front of him. Jules watched with crossed arms as he signed it.

Jules smiled, "I hope it will be a mutually beneficial partnership." She stretched her hand out. Edward took it. His hand was large compared to hers so he practically engulfed her hand as they shook them.

"Coming to the topic of wedding." Jules said, withdrawing her hand. "Do you have a best man and groomsmen?" She asked. She was sure he had sent invites to his ex bandmates. Eric and Leo Covey - the twins with guitars, Adam Hamson - the ladies' man drummer and Theodore Albero - the handsome Italian keyboardist. But Jules had always loved Edward's charming voice when he sang, more. But that's another story. She didn't mention the ex band members because she didn't want to assume what happened between them, if they were still friends or not. But they were though, right?

"I don't have any." Edward replied, his expression turning solemn. "My ex best friend betrayed me with my ex-girlfriend." He sighed.

"I know it's not my place to ask but... what about The Five?" Jules asked carefully.

She saw Edward look down at his fiddling fingers. His Adam's-apple moved as he gulped. His eyes were glassy.

"We uh...we grew apart. And I am sure they wouldn't want to ever see me again." Edward said, noticeably trying to control his shaky voice.

Jules looked at him, taking his hand to comfort him. He squeezed her hand back. Jules hated seeing him so miserable. No friends, bitch ex girlfriend. One thing was sure, she was gonna do everything in her power to see him smile again. The way he did when he was on stage.