Chapter 5: The Confrontation

The walk back to the docks with Domonic was, awkward at best. The weather down in the underworld is colder than you would think. He was very clearly uneasy about the whole situation. I didn't want to push him, but I have to start conversation this is torture.

"So uhh, you doing, okay?" I asked him. He was deep in thought when he was snapped out of it.

"Y-Yeah, just.... thinking." He said as we arrived at the docks. "What about?" I asked.

"It's not important." I looked at him. He is clearly hurt by something.

Just then, the captain's ship came crashing out from underneath the water about a football field's length away from the docks. "Hey, that's just like from a movie I watched recently."

Just then Domonic piped up. "What is, a movie?"

I was flabbergasted. "How do you not know what a movie is? You play it on your tv."

"Ooooh so its like a tv program."

"tv progr- what the fuck, are you from the 1960s or something? I mean kinda like a tv show but just a really long episode with no breaks."

"We don't really have many tv programs down here, sure we CAN broadcast them from the other rings of the underworld but its just, uhh. Lets just say that most of them get broadcasted from the Lust ring and the Greed ring."

"o-oh."

As we finished talking the ship docked successfully and the captain disembarked to greet us.

"Hello, Captain." We both said in unison. He looked, not mad just disappointed. "You already know?" Domonic asked.

"I already know."

"lovely."

.

.

.

.

.

They had been on the ocean for about 3 hours now. Not much conversation has been had. Lily and Lex were just standing up near the wheel while Domonic was down below. Lily had to make conversation or else she was going to die of boredom. "Soo.... you come here often?"

Lex gave her an unimpressed look.

'What the fuck were you thinking Lily you dumbass.' Lily thought to herself. 'no shit he comes here often.'

"Well, all things considered that went pretty well." Lex said out of nowhere. "What do you mean by that?" Lily asked.

"Well, his highness is aware of your existence AND you are still alive. I would call that a win, win."

Lily was perplexed. "Wait, so your not mad at me?"

"I didn't say that." He glanced over towards Lily. "Just glad you are alive."

A few more moments of rather awkward silence passed, while they were sailing across the endless ocean, a question arose in Lily's mind. "Hey lex."

"hmm?"

"Sooo, his highness, what is his deal?" Lily questioned. If she was going to spend some time down here she wanted to know what the deal is with 'mr tall, dark, and creepy'.

Lex thought for a second before speaking. "What do you want to know about?"

"Just like, what is his deal? Who is he, I didn't get a look at him."

"Well, He is one of the 8 overlords." Before lex could finish, Lily interrupted him.

"Overlords, what does that mean?"

"Oh boy where to start."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I was pacing in my throne room, though I heavily dislike it being called that. Suddenly the door creeks open. "Your highness?" It was my royal advisor, Marisol. "What bothers you? You have been pacing angerly for the last several hours."

"If it is true, and there is a passageway between earth, and the underworld that does not involve death, then this is not good. There is nothing stopping Him from taking over earth as we know it." I said as I paced faster.

"Sir, maybe if you sat down?" Marisol suggested. "Even you can't keep pacing like that forever."

I sighed. "I suppose you are right." I walked over and sat down on the throne. "Here drink this." She said as she handed me a glass of water.

"Thank you. I truly don't disserve your kindness." She has always been there in my weak moments. Even just the little things.

"Nonsense, it's my pleasure. Though I do have bad news." Her demeanor shifted. "The council hath summoned you."

I stood up and walked onto the nearby balcony looking over the town below. "Tell them I am busy."

"They said its mandatory."

"Guess I can't really argue with that." I grabbed my cane; it is just a black cane with some red accents on it. I don't need it to walk but it's nice to be able to carry something around. "Thank you, Marisol." I said, but before I could hear her response, red mist surrounded me and teleported me into the waiting room.

None of the other overlords were there, only me. "I must be late." I thought. I began walking into the long hallway that led to the council room. The color pallet was a light white with gold and blue accents.

Just then, HE showed up. "Well well well, there he is. The king of the damned." 

He was floating around like a damned superhero or something, his white clothes, pristine blonde hair and the glowing white gauntlets on his wrists only leaned into that motif. 

"Here to fail to inspire anybody in the way of the darkness?" He said that last bit with a hint of mocking. "What- No reaction?"

I did my best to ignore him, but the mere aura that he emanates raises my blood pressure. you could melt steel with how much my blood is boiling.

"Huh, maybe next time we come down there we take out your royal guard.... hmmm?"

This made me snap and I spun around and look at him in his stupid eyes. My eyes were black with large glowing red pupils. His were the opposite, glowing white eyes with black pupils.  "You may have convinced the council that murdering the people of the underworld was justified, but if come at my town. I will destroy everything you know and love."

He laughed, "You may be stronger than me, but I'm faster, I can move and think at twice the speed of light. You've never beat me in a fight you realize that?"

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Fuck you."