xix. petrified hermione

✩☆★✩☆★✩↯ chapter nineteen➾ petrified hermione

✩☆★✩☆★✩
chapter nineteen
➾ petrified hermione

ROSALYN ACCOMPANY HERMOINE AT the hospital wing after the polyjuice potion had gone wrong, the poor girl hadn't stopped coughing up fur balls, and it was actually considering to Rosalyn and Madam Pomfrey.

"At least the tail is gone." Rosalyn mentioned with a faint smile, sitting down on the chair beside Hermione's hospital bed.

Hermoine snorted nodding. There was still very visible cat fur on her face but the whiskers were completely gone. "Yeah, that's a good sign, I just can't believe I plucked the wrong hairs."

Rosalyn gaze softened. "It's not your fault, all hair kind of— sort of looks the same. But in the bright side we caught some good information about the heir of slytherin."

Hermoine smiled softly. "That's true."

𖤐↯☆★↯𖤐

"It was Hagrid. Hagrid opened the chamber of secrets fifty years ago." Harry explained, it's been a week since Hermione's recovery and they were slowly returning back to normal.

"It can't be Hagrid, it just can't be." Hermoine exclaimed shaking her head.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle." Ron said clutching to his books. "He sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me."

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron." Rosalyn declared. Harry turned to the three. "What would any of us have done?"

"Look, Hagrid's our friend." Hermione spoke softly. "Why don't we just go and ask him about it?"

"That would be a cheerful visit." Ron said sarcastically. "Hello, Hagrid, tell us... have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?" He demonstrated what he believed the conversation would go.

"Mad and hairy?" The voice of the man they were speaking of appeared behind them. Rosalyn looked up at Hagrid. "You wouldn't be talking about me, now, would you?"

"No." They answered at once, warily not meeting the man's gaze, avoiding the awkward situation lingering around. Hagrid glanced at each of them, noticing the looks they held. "Wh—what's that you've got, Hagrid."

Harry broke the silence. "Oh, it's uh- flesh-eating slug repellent." Hagrid held the tint. "For the mandrakes, you know? According to professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do but once their acne's cleared up, we'll be able to chop them up and stew them, and then we'll get those people at the hospital un-petrified."