Revelations: Part 3

I love my mornings with Delilah. We wake up at the same time; like clockwork, our consciousness barely coming to fruition. Then when she comes into focus I see her. Her.

"Hey, handsome," she mumbles, those damn dimples showing with that perfect smile.

"Hey, gorgeous." 

"I'm going to take a shower—don't follow me in this time. I actually want to take an actual shower before school,"

I don't protest. I just lay in her bed, grateful for what I have.

My phone vibrates. It's a text message. When I check who it's from it says it's from My Protector.

My Protector: Lucy's house. Come alone. This is an emergency.

Me: Why? What's going on?

Them: Just come. Remember Lucy's big plan? This has to do with it.

Me: Will I finally get to meet you face to face?

Them: Yes. Come now.

I put on my clothes and a jacket and tell Delilah I'm gonna head out early. She tells me goodbye and I'm off walking to Lucy's house.

There's caution tape torn down from Lucy's house door and the door is wide open. I take my time entering her house, listening for any sign of anybody within.

Then a shadowy figure walks in from upstairs. I almost jump out of my skin with how large they are in stature. But then they step into the light from the doorway and I know who they are.

"Daniel?" I ask.

Daniel stops, taking notice of me.

"Good. You're here," he says.

"You're 'My Protector'."

"Yeah. I wanted to tell—believe me—but Lucy said she'd hurt Stacy if I said anything."

He's holding something behind his back. So he's also the person working with Lucy.

"What's behind your back?" I ask.

He swallows hard, "The final part of Lucy's deal. She said I'm free to go once I do this one last thing for her."

He reveals what he's holding from behind his back and it's not what I was expecting. It's a wooden cross, much like the one I had a necklace of that had the flash drive within it.

He drops it on the ground, smashing it under his sneakers. When he lifts his foot, a laminated piece of paper with a scannable URL code unrolls itself.

I take it off the ground and scan it with my camera phone. It takes me to a web address that I press on and it opens to a live stream that's about to start. When I look around on the website I realize it's Lucy's website.

"What is this?" I ask.

Daniel looks as lost as I am. Then the stream starts.

The camera is unfocused, but soon focuses on a familiar crimson eye. The camera then pulls away and in high definition, I see Lucy holding a camera above her head showing off her attire. A tied-off tank top, exposing her belly, and black jeans. A pair of black horns sit atop her head.

"Hello, Hawkins! My name is Lucy. I am the Devil and I come to you with a proposition. You see—I'm a woman of my word," The entire time she's talking the camera is shaking around and pausing randomly in sporadic positions. Even the look in Lucy's eyes. I've never seen her like this before, "And I recently realized something. I'm not an Angel. And it doesn't matter how hard I try to be one. Eventually, the call of the flames will always call me back."