she finds out that you have autism (requested)

"There's something I should probably tell you before we get more serious." You told your girlfriend Taylor as you sat on the sofa with her.

It's a rare day off for her today and she wanted to spend every second of it with you.

She's played you some new songs she's working on and talked to you about some ideas that she has for future music videos.

"Okay. What is it?" She asked as she reached for your hand.

You were nervous as you played with her fingers and tried to figure out the best way to tell her about what was on your mind.

You've been dating for a few weeks now and you worry that she might be scared or concerned about your autism once you tell her.

She seems so different from your previous partners who turned away or just didn't even try to understand your autism.

She's gentle and kind, though you know some people might not see her that way since she's also pretty sassy.

But who cares what others think of her when you know her better than any of them do?

That's what you're trying to tell yourself now.

You know Taylor and you know how kind and accepting she is.

She seems to really care about you and this shouldn't change that... right?

"Y/N?" She spoke quietly, snapping you out of your thoughts.

"I'm sorry. I got stuck in my head there for a second." You said with a nervous chuckle. "Look, I need to tell you this."

"I'm listening." She said as she brushed her fingers across yours.

"I have autism." You said and watched her for a moment.

She was quiet, not saying anything for a second until... she smiled.

"You were nervous to tell me that?"

You nodded.

"Why?"

"I guess I just never know how some people might react. Some people are judgmental and not as accepting as others."

She nodded with a sad sigh.

"I'm not those people though, Y/N."

"I know." You replied. "I just worried it might change things."

"Not a thing. I still like you a lot and I truly care about you. The only thing it changes is that I know now and I can be here for you and care for you."

You smiled upon hearing that because honestly, you're just not used to it.

"But it doesn't change the way I see you or the way I feel about you. I still think you're the most beautiful girl in the world and I'm still crazy about you."

She intertwined your fingers together and you smiled brightly at her and the sight warmed her heart.

"So tell me all of the things I need to know about your autism. Tell me the things that might bother you and tell me anything I can do to make things better and easier for you."

She pulled you onto her lap and held you tight.

"I'm all ears, my love, and I'm ready to listen."

You put your head on her shoulder and breathed out a contented sigh.

You've been waiting so long to meet someone like her.

Every day you spend with her, you swear you find another reason to fall even harder for her.

Life was good with her by your side.

You've found someone who adores you and accepts you and you will never let her go.