your parents don't accept your relationship (requested)

"I'm so nervous," Taylor said as she paced around the living room. "What if they don't like me, Y/N?"

"Tay, that's crazy. My parents are going to adore you!" You assured her as you wrapped her in your arms.

"You think so?"

"I do. I love you and I've made that very clear to them. They know you mean the world to me. Plus, how could anyone not love you?" You asked and watched her smile as she leaned in to kiss you.

However, the sound of your parents pulling into the driveway made you both pull away before your lips even met.

You hurried to the window and peeked outside the curtain to see your parents getting out of the car.

"That's them. Don't be too nervous, baby, okay? Just take a breath. Everything's going  to be fine."

She took a breath and nodded before your parents knocked on the door.

You opened it and welcomed your parents into your house.

"Y/N! Oh, we've missed you so much!" Your mom said as she hugged you tightly.

"I've missed you too." You spoke as you pulled away from your mom and then hugged your dad. "I want to introduce you to someone special."

You pulled away from your dad and went over to Taylor before kissing her cheek.

"Mom, Dad, this is my girlfriend Taylor."

"Hi," She kindly said as she looked at your parents, nervously holding her hand out for them. "It's so good to meet you both!"

Your parents looked at each other and just nodded at Taylor.

"It's nice to meet you." Your dad said before going over to the sofa to sit down.

"They seem thrilled to meet me. It's going well so far." She said before letting out a nervous breath.

"It's okay, baby. I'm sure they didn't mean anything. Everything's okay."

You gave her a quick hug and kiss on her cheek.

But you could feel it too; something just didn't feel right.

Your parents are never like that when they meet someone new, especially when you've talked so highly about them and they clearly mean so much to you.

There was a feeling of anxiety rushing through your veins though you tried to hide it from Taylor and hoped that it would pass as the night went on.

But that's not how things would end up going.

When your parents arrived, dinner had just been finishing up in the oven, and just a few minutes later, it was finally done.

The table was all set and you all sat down.

Taylor sat beside you and your parents sat across from you both, wordlessly digging into their food on the plates in front of them while Taylor could barely eat.

"Mom, Dad? Is something wrong? You two are barely saying anything and Taylor's very nervous to meet you both. Can't you talk to her a little? Don't you want to get to know her?"

"Honestly, honey? We just wanted to see you tonight. That's the only reason we came." Your mom said.

"What?" You asked as you set your fork down. "I asked you to come over to meet Taylor, not to see me."

"There's only one of you that we wanted to see tonight." Your dad said. "Look, girls, don't take this the wrong way but we just don't think you're a good match."