Chapter 8

Vidhi's POV

The host called our names for the competition. I was hell'a nervous, but Ishaan assured me that we will win. The competition started, and we were dancing on the paper. We were thoroughly enjoying it. After some time, the music stopped. We folded the paper and started dancing again. Arjun and Tanya were disqualified, because Tanya stepped out of the paper. After some time, Subh and Pari were also disqualified. Only Aman, Khushi, Ishaan and I were left.

We were dancing so closely that we were able to hear each other's heartbeat. That's when I realized Ishaan looks so cute. His hazel brown eyes have a little hint of green in them, and his hair is perfectly settled behind. Everything about him is so captivating. We were staring at each other intensely when I heard a loud applause. That's when I came to my senses and realized that we had won.

"We, won Ishaan!" I hugged him in excitement.

"Yeah"  he reciprocated the hug

"Congratulations to both of you! You both danced so well" Host said.

"Thank you" we said.

When we reached our friends, they congratulated us.

"Congratulations, Vidhi and Ishaan! I am happy for both of you!" Khushi said while hugging me.

"Thankyou so much" Ishaan said.

"But I feel bad for both of you, Khushi. You wanted to win, right?"

"Don't feel bad, Vidhi. This was just a competition. We will definitely win the next one, right Aman?"

" Right, Khushi. We will definitely win the next one"

So, like this the competitions were going on one by one. Aman and Khushi won 1st prize in couple dance, and Rahul and Preeti won 1st prize in duet song. After the competition was over, the prizes were distributed among us. Subsequently, we all danced a little bit and bit bye to everyone.

"Bye everyone, it was spectacular"

"Yep, Bye"

After saying bye to everyone, we went towards the car.

"I have never had this much fun in my entire life" he said and smiled.

"Yep, I agree" I said smiling.

Then we were silent throughout the car ride. The silence was pleasant. I opened the car window. The breeze was so cold, when it touched my cheeks, I felt so good. All my tiredness was washing away with the single touch of air. After some time, we reached my home.

"Thank you for being my partner for today's party" I said looking at him.

"The pleasure is all mine" He said giving me a cute grin.

"Bye, Goodnight"

"Bye, Goodnight"

Then I went to my room, changed into comfy clothes, and laid down on the bed, thinking about today's events. I didn't even know when I fell asleep.