Story 2 - Second Chance (Special Chapter)

Imee just finish reading the document that Taylor sent her. Medyo masakit ang ulo nito coz she read it through the screeen. Taylor didn't print it kaya wala na naman sa mood ang Attorney.

While she's massaging her temple, someone knocked the door so she check her wristwatch and it's currently 2:30pm.

"Come in." Imee fixed her blazer and sit properly.

When the door open, she rolled her eyes coz Taylor is holding thick papers while smiling at her.

"Mare, you need to sign these papers." Taylor placed the papers on Imee's table and sit infront of her. He even get his phone inside his pocket and start scrolling on it.

"If you're gonna use your phone inside my office, pwede bang lumabas ka na? Kunin mo nalang ang mga ito bukas." Imee sigh deeply and reach one paper.

"M-mare, kailangan mong mapirmahan ang lahat ng yan before our working hour ends." Taylor nervously tell those words and after a second, Imee slowly look at him. Dahil sa talim ng tingin nito, napa-sign of the cross ang bakla.

"Eh bakit ngayon mo lang binigay sakin?" Imee ask irritatedly.

"K-kasi mare—" Taylor didn't continue his words coz Imee speak up.

"Attorney Duterte, Taylor. Nasa office tayo so act as my secretary not as my friend." Imee look away and focus on the paper.

"S-sorry naman. Ahm, nakalimutan ko kasi. N-natambakan pala ng iba pang mga papers kaya ayon, ngayon ko lang nabigay. Sorry talaga, Attorney." Taylor sit properly and you can see that he's afraid on his face.

Imee didn't bother to look at Taylor. She just continue reading the document and when Taylor was about to stand and leave, she speak up.

"Tax Evasion....Corporate—Mr. Buenaventura? Napirmahan ko na ito diba? Why I'm gonna sign this again?" Imee got pissed off.

"Sorry talaga, Mare. Ahm—" Taylor didn't continue his words coz Imee immediately turn back the pages and look at him seriously.

"Taylor, do you love your job?" Imee.

"Y-yes, Attorney." Taylor nodded. Kita din sa mukha nito ang pagkatakot coz he knows that everytime Imee ask him if he love his job, he might lose it.

"Then why the hell you act irresponsible?! Yang utak mo ba nasa talampakan mo na ha?" Imee furrowed her brows.

"S-sorry. Sorry talaga." Taylor look down.

"Ayan ka na naman sa kaka-sorry eh. Puro ka sorry! Gawin mo kaya ng maayos yang trabaho mo nang sa ganon, mabawasan naman yang kaka-sorry mo." Imee.

"Pasensiya na." Taylor.

When Taylor tell those words, he immediately stood up and went out of her office. Imee sigh deeply and lean her back in her swivel chair. Kasabay din nito ang pagpikit ng mga mata niya. She's tired.

She took a rest for a couple of minutes and when her phone ring, she grab it and lean her back in her swivel chair again. Halos mapawi ang pagod nito when her daughter's name popped up on her screen.

*on call

"Hello, mommy!" Alex.

"Hi, anak." Imee sit properly and smile.

"Kumusta po, mom? Wag ka po masyadong magpagod, hmm? Sabi ni Dad napapadalas daw ang pagsakit ng ulo mo. Magpahinga ka po kasi. Puro ka trabaho eh." Alex tell those words like she's the boss which made Imee chuckle.