Story 3

There are 2 people who became classmates during their elementary until they finish senior high school. The girl named Ilonah Danielle Ramirez and the boy named Jasper Aiden Hernandez.

Jasper likes Ilonah ever since they are in their 4th grade but he's coward. He's afraid to tell Ilonah how much he likes her so he chose to be friends with her.

Ilonah is popular in their campus coz she's smart. Actually perfect to be exact. All boys really admire her but she doesn't care coz she's really eager to finish her studies and reach her goals in life.

Ilonah and Jasper became friends. They both enter in different universities but still keep in touch every time they had a chance.

One day, while they are having lunch together, Jasper took a deep breath before asking Ilonah if it's okay to court her. Surprisingly, Ilonah answered "Yes". That moment, Jasper became the happiest and can't even explain how he really feels.

Jasper became the sweetest and romantic suitor that every girl dreamt of. He courted Ilonah for almost a year but sadly with just one snap, he got tired. He felt neglected coz every time he makes effort, he feels Ilonah barely appreciate it.

Weeks had pass, while Ilonah is scrolling on her social media account, there's a message popped up on her screen. Actually she didn't even know her and when she read the message, her eyes widen because of shock. She couldn't even believe it.

From: Katherine Prestoza
Pwede bang tantanan mo si Jasper? Block him!

It took Ilonah a couple of minutes to think what to reply coz a lot of questions coming into her mind like, "Who the hell is this girl?". But by the time she was about to type, the girl sent a message again.

From: Katherine Prestoza
I am his girlfriend so stop messaging him, slut!

That message made Ilonah drop her phone. She felt fooled by Jasper so without any hesitation, she called Jasper and clear things out.

Jasper admit that he has a girlfriend already. That was painful for Ilonah but at least he didn't lie. And because of that Ilonah told Jasper to stop courting her. In short, Ilonah end whatever relationship they had. Even friendship.

Several years had pass, Ilonah become successful. She become the CEO of her own company and entered academe at the same time coz she wanna share all the knowledge she gain from her professors.

On the other hand, Jasper became a Licensed Professional Teacher (Secondary Education Major in Physical Education).

While Ilonah is driving on her way home, she decided to have some coffee dahil umuulan just to relax for a bit and escape reality. Good thing her favourite coffee is available which really made her day even though she's knackered.

While she's having coffee and busy checking the message from her mom, someone cleared his throat which made her look up. Yes! It's Jasper. He's smiling towards Ilonah while holding a cup of coffee as well.

"Is this a vacant chair, Miss?" Jasper ask which made Ilonah simply nodded and didn't utter any words.

"Grabe! Ilang years na ba ang nakakalipas? 10 years na, right?" Jasper ask again coz he's hoping that Ilonah will speak up but she didn't. Ilonah simply gave him a nonchalant look and took a sip of her coffee.

"Ahm, I-I know I did something wrong in the past and I'm really sorry, Nah...Sorry because I got tired...Sorry dahil I court someone else while I was courting you." Jasper added then smile timidly.

That made Ilonah shock coz finally after several years, he said sorry. After a second, she put down the coffee, sigh and smile at Jasper.

"It's okay, Jas. Besides I've realise it's my fault also kasi siguro you feel pinag-aantay kita sa wala so yeah." Ilonah nodded.

"Maybe but that isn't enough para manligaw ako ng iba knowing that I'm still courting you, right?" Jasper asked.

"Sort of...Well, dapat kasi sinabi mo muna diba? Maiintindihan ko naman." Ilonah answered.

"I know you feel hurt and I'm sorry 'bout that." Jasper hold Ilonah's hand.

Ilonah can see how sorry he was through his eyes so she smile and speak up.

"Pero alam mo, nakabuti na din na hindi naging tayo." Ilonah.

Jasper smile bitterly and slowly let go of Ilonah's hand. Well, it's been years but those words really hit him. God knows how he loves Ilonah before, it's just that he felt tired.

"Kasi kung naging tayo, siguro we didn't become the person we are right now." Ilonah.

"Ganon?" Jasper ask and try to hide the dismay on his face. Why? Because he didn't expect that Ilonah would say those words.

"Yes." Ilonah nodded and took a sip of her coffee.

"Nah?" Jasper look directly into Ilonah's eyes.

"Hmm?" Ilonah gave Jasper a confuse look.

"Can we be friends again just like before? Because I'm hoping na kahit yun lang ang maibalik natin." Jasper.

Honestly that made Ilonah sigh and smile weakly.

"Please, Nah. You are my childhood friend and I don't wanna lose you again." Jasper.

"I'm sorry, Jas... No." Ilonah shook her head.

"O-okay. I understand." Jasper smile forcedly and he can't blame Ilonah kung bakit ayaw nito.

Minutes had pass, Ilonah paved goodbye coz her fiancé called. Yeah, they are become totally stranger with memories.

_____________________________________
THE END