Its all about Souls

"WHY DO I HAVE WINGS!" Avatar Fable shrieked.

That was the question of the hour.

"Fable calm down," Chronos said, gently tucking his real body in as exhaustion and panic had forced him asleep.

"But.. but.. wings," Fable whimpered tearfully, and yes.. his avatar could cry as tears were slipping down his face. He could also still feel himself sleeping, but his mind was more focused in the avatar.

"Hey.. no need to cry," Chronos said coming over to his avatar, gently hugging him. He wiped away Fables tears, as they sniffed into the adults chest.

"I.. I wanted wings.. but not just randomly there," He sniffled.

"Don't worry kiddo, we'll figure it out"

------

Fable, was not quite sure how Chronos convinced him to wear kitty pyjamas, or convinced him to allow his sleeping real body to wear a bunny one.

He blamed the local bunny family, as apparently the older monster had asked them if they'd had spare clothes for him. At the moment he was sitting on the floor, ignored that weird achy burn feel from his real body as it sleeping and peering at his reflection in a mirror.

A small frown was on his face as he studied said reflection, there eyes were strange. Around his left eye was a cyan ring of color, and his right a pretty purple color that now and then bled into his normal gold. They we're rather pretty, but not expected.

Then there was his other change, the major change.

He spread his brand new large stunning white wings, they were rather ethereal and shimmered with there own light and sometimes see though in the long flight feathers. They... felt real, but not real.

It hurt his head to think about it.

Gently he touched a feather and shivered, clutching his chest.. it felt like he was touching his soul.

He didn't like that.

Technically you are, your body couldn't contain your soul after dreams combines two other souls with it so its an extension. Even if this is an avatar, you have some connection.

Fable twitched at the voice, forcing himself not to panic at that would wake his real body.

"I'm possessed, I need an exorcist" he whimpered.

Alright kid, pretty sure at this point we should have a talk before you freak out more

"Talk... right," Fable said with a nervous laugh.

Your not possessed Fable, We're the two sides of Nightmare from the soul Dream merged with you

"Wha.. what!" he squeaked.

We're just extensions of you now, we died long ago. We can't do anything without your permission, we we're only able to get you to your friend because you were too ill to control your body

"Don't you hate me?" Fable asked hugging himself.

No Kid

"But your stuck in my body," he cried grabbing at his skull.

Fable, we're not stuck. We're fine

A Brand new adventure

"What should I call you, your.. both Nightmare right?" Fable asked feeling very fragile.

Call me corruption, I'm the mind of Nightmare after the apples

Hmm... hard decision, I'm the original Nightmare before our mind broke in two

"Why not just call yourself Nightmare, you are Nightmare?" Fable asked confused.

Only part of him, I'll think of something

Don't worry, he might be flaky but hes smarter then he sounds

Thanks.. wait! Corruption!

Fable couldn't help but break out laughing.

"Fable is everything okay?" Chronos asked coming over, curious over the laughter.

"Just talking to myself."

The once time kid stared at him, before shaking his head.

"I have a feeling I don't want to know," he replied.

"Too late!" Fable cried happily.