16 | Our Song

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

It's two days later and I'm not any closer to finding out which off my brothers are threatening the foresters.

Yes, I have been using any chance I can to listen in on their conversations but no, nothing suspicious has been said.

Although, my opinions of Ezra and Liam have lowered now I've heard how they like to talk about the girls in their grade. Gross.

Lila says I should just flat out confront them, apparently all the sneaking around and lying is 'darkening my aura' whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

Regardless I'm choosing to go about this the way I set out initially. I'll find out who's threatening the boys and put an end to this situation once and for all. My brothers have to understand that dragging this out and hurting the foresters will eventually hurt them too.

Everyone needs to move past that night for my mums sake. She doesn't need a constant reminder of what happened in the form of her hatred fuelling sons.

My minds been running wild lately. So much has been going on I've barely had anytime to myself to process anything.

I still haven't talked to Isaac.

He gets more annoying as the days go by, constantly making snarky comments and glaring at me. Honestly I don't even remember what started our argument, but I do know I'll never be the one to surrender.

Whilst on the topic of him, I should probably mention we're together right now. We're forced to meet up as we have to write a duet for our fucking singing class.

It's utter hell.

"How the fuck am I supposed to write a duet for us when you're sitting there texting six other girls?" I grunt, getting angry at the boy for the sixth time already.

His constant texting and absolute oblivious disregard for our song is pushing me over the edge, I almost have to physically sit on my hands to stop myself from slapping some goddamn sense into the boy.

"You've kept count of all the girls I've been texting?" He smirks, eyebrows raised in an accusatory manner.

Heat instantly flushes to my cheeks, eyes darting down as I try and figure out how reply. I panic, unable to reply at all.

"Calm down Parker, there's enough of me to go around." He chuckles causing me to sink even further into my chair.

His insults have been a lot more flirtatious recently, constantly prodding at our past romance. Each time I'm left flustered, I'm sure he's began to notice by now.

"Are you going to help me at all? Please, please, please for the love of god write a lyric. I need you out of my house as quick as possible." I say rolling my eyes. He doesn't look surprised to find out I'm hustling for him to leave.