Chapter II : The Settlement

"Oh my God, it's already nine. Shit"

I had my flight at ten. But I had to do a lot of things before leaving. But here I am running out of time. I'm a mess. I quickly got up, took the fastest shower possible and threw on some comfy clothes on. The clock read 9:25 AM. I took all my luggages. (I just had two luggage so it was no problem) and literally ran downstairs.

          "Oh shit I forgot my phone"

I quickly ran upstairs' got my phone and took two steps at a time and came downstairs.

"Phew" I said. I got my pack of biscuits and went out of the house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "The plane is going to take off in..." The pilot informed.

"Please switch off all your gadgets and fasten your seatbelts" the stewardess instructed.

I quickly turned off my phone. Other than that I didn't have anything.

              I'm not an airplane person. Means I don't like airplanes. I hate them. Fortunately I got a window seat this time, so I could look outside and enjoy the view and not get bored.

"Ma'am, would you like something?"  A cute looking steward asked.

I quickly smiled and said "Can I have a red bull and two sandwiches please?"

"Sure I'll get them in a minute" he said and went to fetch them.

After sometime he came back with my food.

"Thank you so much" I said.

"It's my job Ma'am" He said and gave a cute smile.

I then paid him the money and he said "Thank you" with a cute smile again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

                            After reaching the airport, I had to roam here and there to find my parents because it was so full of people. Then after roaming for awhile I finally found my parents standing.

"Honey, how was the flight?" Mom asked.

"It was okay" I replied.

Like what's new about it. I've been on an airplane so many times earlier, but I still hate it.

"Did anyone disturb you?" Dad asked.

"Nope dad, it was alright" I said.

"Okay let's go then. Let's get the cab" Dad said.

"And when is the car coming?" I asked.

"It'll come soon honey"

"Now let's go" Mom said.

                      The cab was waiting for us outside; I guess dad already called one.  

 "Off to our new home" Dad said after we got into the cad with my entire luggage.

"Are you excited girl?" Dad asked.

"Yeah I am" I replied. Actually, I wasn't that excited. But sometimes we have to say what we are not really feeling.

              Then I stared outside the window. Watching the places we are passing by. We passed high buildings, offices, malls, and etcetera. After that we entered a less crowded area.

           "Welcome to Ontario" a big board read. 

So I'm going to stay here, I thought. The place is beautiful; there aren't much high buildings or malls. This place gave me a homely feeling. There was greenery on either side of the road with small two storey houses. The place is awesome, less chaotic.  Cool.