Chapter 16: Jealousy

Maricar went home with the question that's bugging her mind from the moment she left the two lovebirds in the café.

‘What could I possibly like from that man? He's not even an outstanding person to begin with. He's just a simple programmer!’

The young lady sighed and blurted out, “Ugh, thinking about this would just hurt my head.”

She took her keys in her purse and opened the gates, which was locked. It was already a suspicious thing that the gate was locked.

Did he forgot that Maricar was still outside? He would usually lock only the door and leave the gate closed yet unlocked.

As she unlock the door, Maricar was surprised enough to see him inside, sleeping on the couch with a book covering his face.

She crossed her arms and leaned her back on the doorframe. Mesmerizing the sleeping Pierre slowed the time. He was in a cute position. His feet were almost hanging from the end of the couch. His right hand was already on the ceramic floor. The hair was a little messy but made him charming.

Any girl at this point would feel pity. Maricar was not as heartless as the guy thought she was.

Silently closed the door, she went over to her bedroom and took a bright yellow blanket. After turning on the inverter aircon, she laid the blanket on Pierre's body.

Maricar was worried he might feel cold. The inverter was at 17 degrees, the way she likes the same in her room. She seldomly use the one in the living room.

Few minutes later, the room became cold already. From the hot environment of the school, she quickly became comfortable inside a very cold room.

Sitting on a single sofa, Maricar was using her phone, checking up on every social media out of boredom.

It was the start of the academic break yet she felt like it was just going to be boring if she's not outside. Young ladies would have themselves at the mall and spend their money. But Maricar can't invite the two again.

She put down her phone and looked at the curled up guy on the sofa. He had that blanket Maricar used to cover him, but it was about to fall.

The young lady tried to place back the blanket. Without standing up, she took the blanket and tried to cover Pierre back. However, the phone on her lap suddenly slipped. In panic, she tried to save it but fell in the process.

“Ahh!” she screamed.

Maricar accidentally grabbed the young man's sleeve, making the book covering his face fell and him waking up.

It was almost a chaotic scene. Luckily, she didn't hold onto the table, or the laptop and other stuff could have also been on the ground by now.

She grunted in pain as her waist was the first to hit on the floor. Pierre was startled a bit. Looking at the scene under made him surprised.

“W-What happened?” after helping Maricar and made her sit on the sofa, he quickly cleaned up the things on the floor and placed everything on the table before checking up on her.

He completely forgot about his feelings earlier. Right now, his mind is focused on Maricar's state.

“I'm fine. Don't touch, it hurts!” she threw away his hand that was on her arm.

“Do you need ice?”

“Be gone, okay? I'm really fine.” still the girl shoo-ed him away.

Pierre was already ignorant about what happened yet he wanted to know so bad to properly help.