𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow through Poppy's window. Inside her cozy house, excitement filled the air. Pops, Bodhi, and I were getting ready for the party together. I was excited to be going to a party, I often skipped social gatherings to focus on my training or to rest, but I decided to allow myself a night of, to hang out with my friends and get to know summer better. 

(this is what i am imagining, but if this isn't really your style or you don't like it, i completely understand and feel free to think of something else instead)

I decided to wear my cargo pants and a long white sleeve cropped top. I kept my hair in its natural blonde waves and applied some light makeup. I was really enjoying hanging out with Poppy and Bodhi, I felt like we hadn't hung out in ages, but I guess that was kind of my fault. I shut off a lot after mum passed, but I felt like I was finally coming to terms with the whole situation, and I wanted to go back to my old social self. I was starting to get really excited as everyone started arriving at Poppy's house and the party began.

The party was going so well, and it was quite chill, but I enjoyed it that way. I was sitting with Poppy when we noticed that Ari and the American had finally shown up. I was quite surprised because I hadn't seen Ari attend one of these since his injury. I was glad summer had convinced him to come though, because I was really missing him, we have been friends since we were children but lately it seemed like we haven't as close anymore.

When I looked over at Ari again, I saw a look of complete and utter heartbreak and confusion. I quickly realized that no one would have told him about Bodhi and Marlon. I felt terrible I knew how much he liked her, but I also knew that she only liked him as a friend, which lead to the awkward situation that they were in now.

Me and Poppy went to say hi to them, and over heard summer saying 'oh okay, I can work with this'. Me and Poppy gave each other the look. 'of course, you have a crush on the wannabe influencer', that made me quite upset, I knew how much time Bodhi put into, growing herself as a surfer, through training and social media, and summer saying that without knowing how much effort Bodhi put in was kind of wrong.

'Summer, you made it' Poppy said walking up to them, I was following closely behind, 'nice comeback Ari' I said to him, 'nah I just got lucky with that last wave, but I could say the same to you' 'yeah I probably just got lucky too' I didn't feel like I just got lucky but I also didn't want to sound up myself but whatever.

'You didn't tell us that you're from surfing royalty' poppy asked summer, pulling out a photo of Margot Torres from behind the bar counter, Margot was quite an inspiration to me, she's the only person from Shorehaven to ever make the pro circuit, when I was younger, I really looked up to her, I wanted to be the second person from Shorehaven to make the pro circuit.

'don't get too excited, when people say never meet your heroes, they aren't lying about it' 'anyway, is there anyone who could give me a ride to the airport tomorrow?' the airport? I wondered why summer wanted to go to the airport, and suddenly my question was answered because Ari overheard and asked, 'why do you need to go to the airport?' summer replied saying 'to go back to New York dummy. Anyway, this is a crazy boring conversation. Do I need to teach you people how to party?'

The party really took of after that summer changed the music and everyone got up and started dancing, people were skateboarding on Poppy's half pipe, and everyone was just enjoying themselves until I looked up to the veranda and summer and Ari seemed to be having a little bit of an argument.

It seemed that summer wanted to do a crazy skateboard trick and Ari was trying to be responsible and tell her not to do it, I haven't known summer for long, but I think I know her well enough to know that she doesn't really take no for an answer, I saw her tell Ari that she doesn't really care and that she's going to do it anyway, so Ari had to physically stop her by taking her skateboard off of her, everyone was booing at him, I felt really bad for him, people are so mean sometimes, he was only trying to look out for her.

Suddenly I saw a flash of bright lights, I covered my eyes with my hands to try to stop the blinding I was experiencing. Once my eyes finally adjusted to the bright lights, I uncovered my eyes to see Abbie, Ari's mum, looking at him and summer with disappointment written all over her face. I knew Ari would get in a lot of trouble for coming here, but I couldn't help but think that is a bit unfair.

Abbie showing up at the party was also kind of my sign that I should leave. I had finals in the morning, and I intended to do great in them. So, I walked home, I only lived a couple of streets away from Poppy. Once I got home, I started to get unready and start my surfing routine. I fell asleep straight away to prepare for tomorrow.