1 🌙

READ THE PROLOGUE FIRST!!! THIS IS A CONTINUATION FROM IT!!!

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE ❤️

Same day
At Kemari's Apartment
Jackson, MS

Kemari Avani Pierson

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING BRUH?" he yelled, stood up, and got in my face.

"Nigga fuck you. Are you cheating on me Armon?" I asked again.

"Did you go through my phone?" He snatched his phone out of my hands.

"Yes. I had a feeling that you were cheating on me again so I went through your phone" I shrugged.

After I said that, the room went silent. Armon wouldn't even look in my direction.

"Do you not want to be with me?" I broke the silence.

"Vani you know I love you-"

"You don't love me." I shook my head, trying to keep myself from crying. "Armon this is your third time cheating on me. You obviously don't care about me or my feelings."

"I do care about you" he tried to grab me but I stepped back. "I did some dumb shit and now I regret it. I'm so sorry baby."

"You can't stay here Armon" I looked into his eyes so he could know that I'm serious.

"Man, fuck this" he mumbled angrily and stormed out of the room.

I sighed and walked into my bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror as a tear rolled down my face.

How did I get like this?

The old Kemari would never let a man cheat on her. The old Kemari probably would've played him before he could play her.

I miss my old self.

It was times like this that made me wonder how my life would have been if I continued my relationship with Syx.

*FLASHBACK TO 4 YEARS AGO*

I laid in my hospital bed and stared at the tv. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't change my position. Shamaree was laying next to me and Inari was on top of me.

After I got out of surgery, I was in a lot of pain but the twins refused to leave my side. Especially Shamaree.

I haven't seen Syx yet. Part of me doesn't want to but the other part is begging for his comfort.

I can't help but think about one thing for the past 4 hours.

I would've never been shot if I wasn't with Syx.

I didn't want to think that. I didn't want to think about the situation at all but my mind isn't allowing me to stop.

I love Syx with everything in me but I hated what he did to provide for himself and his family. He even hated what he did for a living because he knew what could happen if he was still in the game. He lost his brother, sister, and now his own child to the streets.

I can't be with Syx anymore.

I could've lost my life.

My child lost his life before it even started.

Khalan didn't get to see the world yet. He didn't get to see me, his father, and the rest of his family. He didn't get the chance to live his life. He didn't even take his first breath.

I wiped away a tear that strayed from my eye. Before I knew it, more tears came flooding down.

I tried to control my breathing as I continued to think...