Prologue 🌙

4 years later
At Kemari's Apartment
Jackson, MS

Kemari Avani Pierson

"Baby get up. It's like 11am" I shook his body so he would wake up.

His toned back was exposed when I shifted the covers from off of him.

He groaned and rolled over. "Move Avani"

"I'm just trying to wake you up" I mumbled and walked out the room.

I went downstairs to my kitchen and started making breakfast. I looked in the mirror downstairs and noticed that bags under my eyes have gotten bigger.

I couldn't sleep last night. I've been having the same nightmare for the last 4 years. It was the same recurring image of the worst night of my life that flowed through my mind 24/7.

My doctor gave me some pills that would put me in a deep sleep but I don't take them most of the time. The pills made me feel like I was in a coma. I could hear everything and feel everything happening around me, which was weird. Sometimes I slept for too long and I didn't like that.

I was snapped out my thoughts when my phone started ringing. I saw Xavier trying to FaceTime me and of course, I answered.

"Hey Zay" I forced a smile.

"Hello my fellow whore. I'm finna add Zina to the call" he told me.

"Alright" I started making coffee.

"HI BITCHES" Zina yelled.

"Girl, you're loud as hell" I looked down at my phone. "But hey Z"

"Y'all I miss Kyri" Xavier pouted. "I can't wait for my baby to get out of jail"

"Speaking of, who's next to visit her?" I asked them.

"I think Tiz is going today then I'm going tomorrow" Zina informed us.

"I'll visit her some time next week" I told them and made eggs and bacon.

"Did you sleep last night Vani?" Xavier asked me.

"Yes" I lied. They think that I don't sleep sometimes but they don't know that it's an every night thing.

"That's good" Zina smiled at me.

"Aye I'll call you guys later. I'm have to go check on this nigga-"

"You're still with him?" Xavier interrupted me. "You need to leave him Vani."

"He ain't worth a damn quarter" Zina shook her head. "I honestly don't see why you're still with him"

"If you can't see that I'm in love with him then that's not my fucking problem" I hung up on them.

I know I was wrong for the way I spoke to them but they just pissed me off. I'm tired of them judging my relationship. That's all they've been doing for the past two years.

After 20 minutes I was done making breakfast. I made our plates and grabbed my coffee then went upstairs.

I went into my bedroom and set the plates on the side tables.

I saw that he was still asleep but his phone kept going off.

I didn't want to go through his phone but something in me was telling me to do so. Plus it was the perfect opportunity to go through his shit.

I grabbed the phone, typed in the password, and went directly to messages.

I saw a lot of females women texting him. 'I miss you daddy', 'when are we going to fuck again', 'did you break up with that lil bitch yet' and more messages similar to those came from 4 different girls.

I took screenshots then airdropped them to my phone and laptop.

I put his phone back down and grabbed a pillow. I was going to wake him up but not peacefully.

I put the pillow over his face and suffocated his ass.

He started squirming and almost punched me so I stopped.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING BRUH" he yelled, stood up, and got in my face.

"Nigga fuck you" I mugged him. "Are you cheating on me Armon?"

Oop-

Please vote and comment❤️