Chapter 1

"Lance!" A tall tan Cuban boy turns around to see two friends rushing up to him. One a short, pale, pixie cut, glasses wearing girl. The other a big husky dark tan skinned dark-haired boy. "You didn't answer the video chat last night. Everything okay?" The girl asks.

"Yeah, sorry Pidge. I ended up passing out as soon as i went to lay down." The Cuban boy named Lance lies.

"Uh, Lance sleeping before doing his beauty routine?" The husky boy, Hunk, asks.

"What is really going on?" Pidge now asks. 

"Okay, fine. Just don't tell anyone. okay?" Lance looks around and pulls out his phone. "I was talking to Griffin and got dumped." 

"Griffin dumped you?!" pidge growls.

"Yeah, said I was too high maintenance." Lance replies showing them the text.

"That jerk. We become 6th graders, and he signs up to be a pilot and he thinks he's better than the rest of us." Pidge growls.

"You going to be okay?" Hunk asks. 

"Yeah. Like Pidge said, we are middle schoolers now. There's no use crying over it." Lance states. "Come on we are going to be late." The three-go walking to school. 

The moment the crew walk into the school. Immediately Lance notices Griffin talking to his new crew. Griffin doesn't even give him a glance as if they never had anything.

"Hey," Pidge gets lances attention. "It was 5th grade puppy love. Let's enjoy middle school while we can." She tries. 

"You're right." Lance agrees and follows his friends to a table they thought was unoccupied.

"So do we have any classes together?" Hunk asks and pulls out his schedule.

"Well not me I am taking advance classes. I already taking high school credit classes." pidge states, proud of herself.

"Well Hunk and I have to have a class or two." Lance states.

"It's middle school, the 6th grade. Of course, you're going to have at least one class with each other." An unfamiliar voice states. 

The three look up and see a dark haired, pale, darkly dressed boy. "Excuse you, you mind. You can't just sit down at someone's table without asking." Lance growls.

"So why did you sit without asking then?" The other boy growls back.

"Excuse me?" Lance stands up slamming the table. 

"I was sitting here first. You just sat here without asking." The boy points out.

"Oh...well...if you weren't such a loner people would actually see you, Keith!" Lance growls back.

"Shove it, Lance!" The raven-haired boy named Keith growls right back at him.

"Lance, let's just go. He has a point." Hunk tries. 

Keith and Lance glare at each other for what seemed like ages. "Lance!" Pidge starts pulling her friend away. 

"That guy just pisses me off. I don't know why Shiro vouched for him to be here at the garrison." Lance grumbles.

"Well, Shiro sees potential in him. He is a good pilot just not a people person." Pidge states.

"Whatever." Lance growls.

The day goes pretty smoothly for the three of them. However, at the end of the day when Lance is grabbing his stuff from his locker, he notices Griffins new crew surrounding someone. His curiosity gets to him, and he goes to look. He immediately notices a raven mullet haired boy in the middle of the circle. "Fucking faggot!" He hears them taunting.

"Got a gay crush on me or something, freak?" Lance hears griffin. 

"Someone's full of himself." Keith replies. "Just because you are now a pilot, you think everyone wants you." 

"You little-" 

"Hey!" Lance jumps in and glares at Griffin. "Last I checked the only faggot here is the one calling others that word." He adds. "Or did you forget you're one to? I mean isn't that the reason you joined the all-male pilot crew?" 

Lance hears Keith trying not to laugh behind him. 

"Pfft no idea what you are talking about." Griffin lies.

"Okay, so us texting every night; the I love Yous and such?" Lance holds up his phone showing the other pilots.

 "Dude, Griff you are a fag?" One pilot asks, looking at the phone.

"Pfft, no. That's not even my phone number." Griffin states. "This freak just makes up crap for the drama." 

"What a freaky creep." Another player groans.

"Maybe the loner and the fag need to hook up. Look how quickly he came running to the freaks rescue." Griffin states.

"I don't need fucking rescuing!" Keith shoves lance out of his way. "I can take you on here and now!" 

"Really?" Griffin cracks his neck and chuckles. "Do it!"

"Keith, he's not worth the trouble." Lance tries.

"Better listen to your boyfriend." Griffins buddy teases.

"Run along fags!" 

"Go on!"

"Shut up!" Keith shouts and goes to punch griffin, but Griffin dodges and then punches Keith in the mouth, sending him to the floor. 

"Griffin!" Lance lands a punch to griffins' eye and sends him to the floor as well. 

"HEY!" They all look up and see the sarg come storming over. "What is the meaning of this?!" 

"Scatter!" The other pilots run leaving Griffin behind. 

"These fags attacked me!" Griffin starts acting like the victim.

"He hit Keith first!" Lance states, helping Keith sit up against the lockers and hands him his over shirt to clean off the blood. 

"Cadet Kogane! Is this true?" Sarg asks. 

"Sir, with all due respect. Would you truly believe the troublemaker?" Griffin butts in.  

"You three, to my office. Now!" Sarg orders.

They all three are sat in the waiting room of sarg office and lance and Keith keep getting glares from griffin. "I didn't need your help!" Keith grumbles.

"I'm sorry that I don't agree with Griffin picking on people." Lance states. 

"Yet you are okay with picking on people?" Keith shoots. Lance is about to go off on Keith till he remembers this morning and all he said to him.

"Keith I-"

"Kogane! Get in here." sarg orders as another male enters the room. Lance instantly knows the tall, muscled, black- and white-haired male. 

"Thats Shiro..." Griffin states loud enough for lance to hear. 

After a good half hour, it was determined that all three were to have detention for the rest of the week after school. 

Together.