Chapter 3

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Hunk and Pidge jump at Lance.

"I invited him to be a part of the team. You two basically said I don't pay attention to him. So, I figured we would be a good influence on him." 

"Lance," Pidge begins. "Matt says Keith isn't a bad person but you don't really want him to just in one swoop be a member of our team. Last I checked he trying to be a fighter Pilot, you are trying to be just a pilot. I'm trying to be an engineer slash scientist. Hunk is trying to be cargo member slash engineer." She explains. "You and him will bicker more than anything." 

"I think we can make it work." Lance tries.

"You sure you want Keith around with Griffin targeting him so much?" Hunk asks.

"I think it be a good idea." Lance answers.

At that Keith walked over and stood by the group. 

"Care to sit?" Lance asks.

"No." Keith answers and keeps looking around.

"If you are looking for Griffin, he isn't showing up. He is apparently sick." Lance states.

"How do you know?" Pidge asks.

"We uh...Well I heard it from his crew when I was walking pass them." Lance tries to explain.

"Mhmm." Pidge isn't buying it.

Months go by and it seems like Keith has become a good fit for the crew. Keith and Lance still bicker here and there but that's to be expected.

Sarg even notices a slight difference in Keith's behavior. 

Griffin doesn't even try to bother them anymore.

The four of them playing late night games online, working on homework together, and having lunch. 

Everything seeming to go really well. 

That is, until one day where it seemed Keith did a full 360 back to moody loner Keith.

"Hey, have you guys seen Keith?" Lance asks as soon as he arrives in the common room.

"No." Pidge growls.

"I thought he was with you." Hunk adds.

"Why are you so crabby Pidge?" Lance asks.

"My dad and brother have been chosen for the Kerberos mission." She answers.

"Wait! WHAT? WHY?!" Lance loses it. 

"Matt volunteered and my dad was picked because of his skills." She answers.

"I'm sorry Pidge." Lance sits next to her.

"I'm proud of them but I'm upset they never told me they volunteered and signed up till today." She replies.

At that Keith comes walking in and just completely ignores the three. 

"Uh, mullet? Where do you think you are going?" Lance asks, noticing the Raven-haired boy walking pass them.

"I want to be alone." Keith states.

"Dude, pidge is going through something. you need to be a good friend and be there for her." Lance starts up.

Keith looks to Pidge. "I'm sorry you are going through it, I mean congrats to them, but sorry about them having to leave." He states.

"What the hell?" Lance growls. "What kind of comfort-"

"Lance, leave him alone." Pidge jumps in.

"No, Keith needs another wake up call." Lance states.

"So do you, liar." Keith growls.

"What?" Lance is shaken. "What am I lying about?"

"You and Griffin never broke up. You two lied about it and acted like jackasses to hide what you are." Keith growls.

"Lance?!" Hunk and Pidge both look to Lance pissed.

"How did-"

"Your phone. Youve been lying this whole time." Keith states.

"You looked through my phone?" Lance starts getting defensive.

"You asked me who messaged you!" Keith shouts. 

"Oh...shit..." Lance mumbles.

"Oh, shit is right." Keith growls and storms off.

"What the hell? Why-"

"Shiro's been picked for the mission to." Pidge states.

"Wait! what?" Lance looks to Pidge.

"He was also informed this morning. Adam and Shiro got into a fight and Adam broke up with Shiro. "

"How do you know?" Lance asks.

"Matt." She answers. 

"Why would you lie to us about Griffin?" Hunk asks.

"I... He...Well we..." Lance tries to think of how to explain it. "He asked me to tell you guys we broke up because he didn't want the other pilots to know he's gay." He explains. 

"Lance, if he's ashamed to be dating you then you shouldn't be dating him." Pidge states and gets up to leave with Hunk. "Plus, you shouldn't keep secrets from your friends." Hunk and Pidge leave after that statement, leaving lance to think about what he has done.

Keith refused to be around Lance for months after that. The only time Lance saw Keith was when Keith spoke with Pidge and Hunk to see how Pidge was doing now that her dad and brother are out in space with Shiro. However, as soon as Lance showed up, Keith walked off to be alone. Pidge and Hunk would sit with Lance for a little bit till they notice Griffin secretly messaging him. Thats when they would walk off to get to class early. 

Lance started to feel more alone than ever. Keith now is back to hating him, Hunk and Pidge are upset with him, and Griffin will only talk to him through text. 

Sadly though, it didn't get better from there. 

Lance walks into the common room to see Pidge sobbing. He rushes over to see what is wrong. "Hey, Pidge! What's wrong?!" 

"Remember how her brother and dad went on that mission with Shiro?" Hunk asks.

"Yeah?" Lance doesn't like how this is starting.

"The crew has been reported missing." Hunk answers. "Matt, Mr. Holt, and Shiro are missing." 

"Shit!" Lance immediately embraces Pidge as she sobs. "You need to go back to your room. You need to skip school today. This is too much for you to deal with." 

"I know. But I don't want to be alone right now." Pidge sobs.

"I caught her trying to break into sarges office to hack into the system, thinking this was a lie." Hunk jumps in.

"Pidge, you could have been caught and expelled." Lance states. "That would cause more issues."

"I know they know where they are. I just can't prove it yet." Pidge states.

"Attention garrison students, in light of recent events, it is best to cancel classes for the day." The sarg states over the school speaker.

"Why don't we go and try to distract you for a bit." Hunk tries.

"I think we need to call and check on Mrs. Holt." Lance states.

"Oh, that's a good idea." Hunk agrees.

"Thanks guys." Pidge jumps in and leads them to her dorm.