Chapter 2

The week of after school detention starts for the three. 

However, at the Garrison, after school detention isnt just sitting around and doing nothing. Nope; lance, Keith, and Griffin are sent to do work around the academy. 

First day, of after school detention: The three are forced to wash all the academies vehicles. Griffin is washing one of the desert rovers while Lance and Keith are washing one of the jets. 

"How much trouble did you get into with your family for protecting the freak of the school?" keith asks Lance as they begin cleaning. 

"Not as much as i thought. My mom never really liked Griffin anyways and said he deserved a good beating." Lance answers as he hands Keith a sponge. "How much trouble are you in with shiro?" 

"Not alot. But Adam, alot." Keith answers.

"Adam?" Lance asks.

"Shiros partner. His boyfriend." Keith answers.

"Is that why they call you a freak?" Lance now asks.

"No." keith answers with a slight irritation to his voice.

"Then why do they?" Lance now asks.

"They?" Keith growls. "You mean you and everyone else?" 

"No. Wait, Keith I-"

"Was following the crowd? I get it. You dont know why im called shit but you wanna fit in so you just go with it without the reason." 

"Well at least tell me so that I know whether or not saving your ass was a good idea or not!" 

"I DIDN'T NEED YOU! I HAD IT! I DON'T NEED YOU! I DON'T NEED ANYONE!!!!" Keith shouts and slams the bucket of water onto the floor, kicks it, and walks away. 

"Cadet Kogane! Get back to your punishment!" Sarg yells.

"Bite me!" Keith growls and storms off.

"Wow, making friend everywhere you go dont you princess?" Griffin taunts.

"Shut up." Lance throws his sponge at Griffin. 

"No horseplay!" Sarg shouts.

"Ugh!" 

The next day, during school:

"And he just stormed off." Lance states, talking to Pidge and Hunk about first day detention.

"Lance, you really dont know why keith is called a freak?" pidge asks.

"No I don't." Lance answers.

"The reason he is called a freak is because he isnt human. Well not fully human." Pidge answers.

"What?" Lance asks, as if pidge is pulling his leg.

"Keith's mom is an alien. Keith is half alien, half Galra to be exact." Pidge answers. 

"You're lying." Lance states.

"No, matt has proof. Plus, the school knows. Thats another reason Keith is here on scholarship." Pidge explains.

"How does everyone else but me know?" Lance asks.

"Maybe because youre too fond of yourself to notice people like keith." Hunk blurts out.

"What?"

"What Hunk means is, you were busy with your own stuff to notice keith." Pidge corrects.

"Whatever." lance grumbles and walks away from his friends. 

For the rest of the week and the rest of detention Keith refuses to speak to Lance. Griffin keeps mocking the two. 

"trouble in paradise, little princess?" Griffin mocks Lance.

"Give it a rest." Lance groans, annoyed. 

"Im sorry that your girlfriend and you are fighting. Would you like me to go speak with her for you and see if i can smooth it out?" Griffin mocks.

"Why are you even bothering me?" Lance asks. 

"Because you got me in trouble and now you are going to pay for it." 

"You got yourself into trouble. You were attacking Keith." 

"Since when have you cared for people like him? You didnt seem to notice him through elementary and now you see him?" Griffin points out.

"Maybe I finally dont have to worry about some stuck up fake in the closet boyfriend." Lance shoots.

"Can you two shut up and just finish our punishment for the day?!" Keith interrupts aggravated by the bickering teens. 

"Can you just shut up and disappear already?!" Griffin shouts.

"Griffin, you need to get a serious attitude adjustment." Keith growls and starts walking up to Griffin.

"I suggest you back up or you might end up flat on your ass again." Griffin threatens and acts like he is going to punch Keith.

"Fucking shut up!" Keith growls and lands a good right hook, sending Griffin back a few steps and onto the floor. 

"Keith!" Lance exclaims in horror. 

"Cadet Kogane! My office! NOW!" sarg screams.

Keith sighs, annoyed, and starts walking. 

"Fucking freak." Griffin mumbles as he tries to stop the blood gushing from his nose. 

"Dumbass." Lance growls to the boy on the ground.

After a while, Lance heads to the sarg office to inform the sarg that Griffin and himself had finish their task for the day but stops Infront of the door when he hears yelling.

"Your behavior is unacceptable, Cadet Kogane! If you don't change it, I will have to expel you!"

"Wish you would." Keith grumbles. 

"You are here on scholarship, remember that. If it wasn't for Shiro I would expel you now!" Sarg states. "You are a talented pilot and very smart kid, don't be throwing your life away over things that happened in the past and that others can't understand." His voice lowers. "I will be reporting this to Adam. Maybe he will get the point across to you. It seems Shiro's been too soft on you."

"Pfft." Keith mocks.

"I want you to make friends. If you can't do that and give yourself a good influence to be around, then there's no point of you becoming a pilot." 

"Whatever." Keith grumbles and starts to leave the office. He notices lance and was shocked, but only for a second. He then brushes it off and decided to keep walking.

"Hey, Keith?" Lance calls out.

"What Lance?" Keith turns around.

"If you want, we have room in our group for someone. Makes it even for game nights." Lance answers.

"Game night?" Keith looks confused.

"Video games. We hop online and play some video games. I've seen you online. but no crew to work with. We have room." Lance explains.

Keith thinks about it and looks back to Lance. "Appreciate it. Maybe I'll take you up on that offer sometime." He states and starts walking off.

Lance can't help but watch him walk off. The slightest bit of hope that he actually will take him up on that offer, hovers over him.

"Cadet McClaine! Report!" sarg shouts, seen Lance outside the office.