Chapter 2

Jordan's POV:

My leg bounced anxiously as I wait for any news from the doctors or nurses. Hell from anyone to be honest.

   A hand on my leg made me stop and I turn my head finding Mindy giving a soft look. "Calm down, JoJo. We'll find out soon," she calmly says giving my leg a squeeze and I nod while leaning my head on her shoulder.

   I feel her plant a gentle kiss on my head before laying her's on top of mine. After a few more minutes pass by finally a doctor walks over with blood on his outfit.

All of us spring up in a hurry. "How is she?" Mom quickly asks glancing at the blood on his clothes.

He sighs with a small smile, "Tara's gonna be okay. We've stitched all her wounds and now she's asleep in her room."

Relief fills my entire body. "Thank god," I say in relief with a smile. Mindy wraps her arm around my shoulders.

"May I stay with her? Her mother is out of town for a bit and won't be back for a while," mom asks then informs the doctor who seemed a bit hesitant but nods.

    "Of course. But only you for now since it's so late. Go to the front desk to get her room number. I have to go," he answers with a nod and small smile before leaving all of us alone.

   Mom moves in front of the three of us. She goes into her purse and hands the car keys over to Chad. "Here. You three go home and get some rest for school tomorrow. Ah," she says and held up a finger when she noticed us about to argue, "it's still a school night. Tara's fine and I'm gonna stay with her so please no arguing. Go home and sleep."

  I frown slightly and nod. "Okay but mom we can Uber home. We don't want to leave you here stranded," Chad responds trying to hand it back but mom firmly shakes her head.

  "No. You three will take the car and go straight home. Make sure all the doors and windows are locked. Don't answer the phone unless it's me or a number you recognize," she firmly tells us and we nod quickly.

For a small woman mom can be really scary when she wants to. "You got it, mom. Let's go girls," Chad responds and jerks his head towards the exit.

   We all take turns hugging and kissing her goodbye before we walk out of the hospital. I run a hand through my hair anxiously as Mindy and I walk after Chad.

"Don't worry, Jordan. Tara's fine and we won't let some stupid fuck mess with you," Mindy reassures pulling me closer to her side and I nod. Yeah everything's gonna be fine.

~~~~~~~~~

I blow out some breath as I hold my phone to my ear hearing it ring. It goes to voicemail. Great. Tara might kill me for this but I have no choice.

  Her sister Samantha deserves to know. I'll just text her to let her know who it is. That's probably why she isn't answering.

  Hopefully she remembers me. 'It's Jordan Meeks-Martin. Don't know if you remember me, please call me ASAP. It's about Tara.' I hit send before sighing as I walk out of school to head over to my siblings and friend group.

   My phone begins ringing and my face lights up when I see Samantha is calling me back. I answer it, "Sam?"

  "Hey. What's going on?" She softly asks making me swallow roughly.

  "Uh Tara....was attacked," I hesitantly tell her and facepalm for being so weird.

   "What? Is she-," she starts off in concern tone making me cut her off quickly.