Chapter 11: Auditions

Hey, guys! I know it's been a long time, 2 months to be exact. But I've been busy and lazy and uninspired. But I'm back! Anyways, hope you enjoy!-Was

Edit: 2 months, eh?

Word Count: 4,271

Ryan was going to die of a heart attack. His heart was beating too fast, his breathing became shallow, and his eyes started tearing up. No. Not now. He doesn't want to cry. He hasn't cried in a long time. But the tears came, and there was no stopping them.

Kane's POV

They start with the role of Juliet. And phew, there were quite a lot of enthusiastic Juliets. As Lila got on stage, Kane saw Seb frantically gesturing at Kane to go over there.

Kane stood, "Could you give me a moment, please? I need to use the restroom."

Kane left before anyone could answer and went backstage towards the bathroom.

Seb was waiting there for him.

"What's wrong?" Kane asked.

"Listen, I know what I'm going to ask is a lot, but please don't let Lila be Juliet. Or if she is, then don't let Ryan be Romeo."

"Seb, I don't know. I can't really control the votes."

"I know, but can you please try?"

Kane sighed, "I know that me and Oli can vote against Lila, but that will still be 2 against 3 unless we can convince the other judges," Kane paused, thinking.

"Okay, look. I promise I'll do everything I can to help you, okay?"

"Thanks, bro. You're the best," Seb said as he hugged Kane.

Kane laughed, "I know I am."

There were 5 judges total, including Oli and Kane, Stephen Lowry, the drama student, Emma Gallman, the computer geek, and Matthew Cortez, the king of improv.

Once Kane made it back to his seat, Lila stepped onto the stage.

"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague," Lila said with perfect punctuation.

"What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot, nor arm, nor face, nor any other part belonging to a man. O, be some other name!"

Lila turned with a hand on her forehead, "What's in a name? that which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd, retain that dear perfection which he owes without that title."

"Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name, which is no part of thee."

She paused, "Take all myself."

The judges, aside from Oli and Kane, stood and cheered.

"Yes! Yes! Absolutely stunning," said Stephen.

Oli and Kane politely applauded.

Oli stood, "Great job, Lila. You can have a seat now."

Lila blinked at him, "What?"

"Please have a seat," Oli repeated, "There is still one more audition for Juliet."

"I was supposed to be the last one."

"Yes, well, someone else decided she wanted to give it a shot, so it's only fair to allow her to."

"But this was supposed to be my moment! I'm the last and final audition. And anyway, do you really need time to decide? My audition was obviously the best."