Chapter 3

AARON

This can't be real. I ran to the locker rooms and shut the door behind me. I start pacing and running my hands through my hair.

From all the doctors in California, Eddie had to get her!

Addison Carter is here. She will live with me. I can't breathe. Nope...this is unbelievable.

The only woman that has the ability to destroy me. The woman that I refused to think about what happened to me...what I did that night. I got Addison out of my head, I stopped keeping tabs on her after the crash. When I accidentally saw on T.V or online I would shut it off, I avoided the hospital she had her residency in.

I let her go. She is...She can't be here.

She. Is. Dangerous.

I know what she'll do. She will be on a mission to learn everything there is to know about me. About the crash. About him.

Hell, I am already feeling like I want to be vulnerable with her.

She can break every wall I have been building for the past 3 years. Hell, only one look from her and I was gone.

The way she sat crossing her legs, those long tan legs that needed to be wrapped around my waist.

I never forgot those blue eyes or those plump lips. Her dark, curly hair is longer, and she looks sexier, if that is even possible.

Addison checks all the boxes: Hips I want to grip so hard she screams from pain, tits I would love to kiss and bite all night and that face. Her face is so angelic, so alluring. Bewitching.

I groan loudly. Dios, I have to live with her. I am her patient now. This feels like the biggest joke ever. I need to find a way to escape her.

"Give it a chance."

I jump and look behind me. I didn't realize Eddie and Joshua entered the room.

"What is this? An intervention? I thought the therapist was enough." God, I sound so bitter.

"She is the team doctor. For the next three years. I won't get into an argument with you again; I have a meeting. I just wanted to tell you to stop acting like a child. Treat her with respect and give her a chance, Aaron. I don't want another doctor leaving because of you." With that Eddie gives Joshua a look then leaves the room.

Three years? Mierda!

I start changing into my clothes, while Joshua stands there in silence. I know what he's waiting for. I want to give it to him, I won't talk first.

Joshua and I start a stare down competition. Joshua has been my best friend since high school. He and his little daughter, who I treat like a niece, are part of my family. We went to college together, we played volleyball together, and got selected into this team in the same year.

He is my brother, and a Diaz family member since the moment my abuela met him and developed a weird crush; he had shitting parents, so most of the time he spent time with my family, mostly flirting with abuela.

He practically lived with us for a while. Also, we love our dynamic on court. Me, captain and setter of this team, setting the ball to the best opposite hitter in the country to score. It has been like this since forever.

He takes a long breath and breaks eye contact.

"All I am going to say is this is your year, your comeback. You're the best setter in the country, hell, why not the whole world. Take it, claim that. Do everything in your power to be the best again."