Chapter 17

AARON

I push the doors and enter the court with Addison's hand in mine. The burning sensation running through my whole body intensifies with each second I hold to her hand. I love having an excuse to hold her hand. I should let it go now, but I don't want to ever let go of her hand, of her.

I sigh faintly, "I'll talk here." I looked over my shoulder and reluctantly let go of her hand.

I go grab a ball and start pushing the setter trainer equipment into the middle of court. "I feel...safer here, on court, with a ball in my hand, and only focusing on setting the perfect set every time. Volley is safe for me."

"I get that."

I know she does. She gets me without even trying, I nod and try to lighten up the mood. "Let's play a game."

"No." she replies too quickly.

I chuckle to myself and raise my eyebrow. I think she likes that because her piercing eyes follow the movement and her cheeks fairly blush. She's stunning and she's not even trying.

"I...won't play games with you."

"Why? Scared it won't end well for you?"

"No." She's definitely lying. I think if she keeps giving me those weird face impressions of hiding her lie, I might laugh again that hard.

"Hear me out. Choose a play from this whole court, and I will set the ball into this basket. I get it, you ask me a question. If I don't, I will ask you."

Her eyes narrowed into slits, "I think you mean the opposite."

Now a small, smug laugh slips from me, "No doctor, I am one of the best setter's in the country, maybe even the world. I will get every set, so I'm trying to make this a good therapy session for you."

"My god! How big is your ego?"

"As big as my dick."

"Huh? No, your ego is not that small. Did you hear what you just said?"

She is so cute thinking she is winning this little game. I got her where I wanted her.

"Believe me doctor, my ego is huge, so is my dick. If you don't believe me, I am more than happy to show you. Off course only for measurement."

"Maybe, you could call it medical research. You know, to know better, understand me more, and help me." I smirk at her, and subconsciously high five myself for making her face that red. I should've got a photo of her like this.

"No, thank you." Her voice is so hoarse. I can't control the small smile that paints itself on my face.

"Suit yourself." I shrug innocently.

"What else?" She avoids my eyes and looks at the basket. "What else will you give me? I don't just want answers. I want us to start working on things that will help you through a nightmare, or a panic attack. Breathing exercises maybe as a start. So, you'll give me that?"

I would give you everything, I would give you the world. I would give you all my kisses and give you whatever there is left of me to give. I would give you a better version of me that is not tainted by my mistake, I would give you anything...but I just don't know how yet.

I don't say all that of course, instead... "After we are done with questions, I will teach you the basics of setting. You get it, I will owe you a breathing exercise, or whatever you will teach me. If you don't, you will owe me something to do too. A list.