Red, cerulean, and orange

You had it bad for Gren, but you couldn't tell him that, you had your duty as a soldier and you couldn't fool around with your 'feelings' for the young commander no matter how cute he was.

Sighing you looked up at your opponent, Soren. "You ready y/n?" He asked, giving you a friendly smile as he did a fancy trick with his sword.

"I don't know you tell me, Sor-bug." That was your little nickname for him, which he secretly loved.

He smiled. "No mercy!!!"

You dodged his attack and smiled. "Come on, you can do better than that."

Soren lunged again and you blocked his attack. "Aww, are you going easy on me Sor-bug?"

"No nicknames, we're fighting!" He yelled, attacking again.

"Are you even trying? Don't go easy on me just because I'm a girl..."

He glared at you and swung his sword.

"Soren, come on, challenge me." You said, blocking his attack. His sword slid against yours and he took a step back.

He gasped for air. "How are you dodging everything?"

"I don't have rocks for brains, that's why."

He charged again.

-.-.-

"Tell me, what did you learn today Soren?"

He sighed and looked up at you. "Never... underestimate... a girl..." he said between gasps.

"I want a real challenge." You said.

As if on cue, Gren entered the courtyard.

"Gren, avenge me, beat y/n!!!!" Soren pleaded, suddenly having the strength to sit up.

Gren raised an eyebrow as you leaned against your sword. "What do you mean 'beat her'?" He asked.

"She needs to go down!!!" Soren hollered, pointing a finger at you and whining.

Gren drew his sword. "I've sparred with y/n before, she's not that much of a challenge," Gren said. "No offense." He quickly added.

"Some taken." You said, shifting to a battle stance. You smiled thinking back to a few months ago...

"Widen your stance a bit, it'll help keep you balanced," Gren said.

"Like this?" You asked, widening your feet a bit.

"Exactly, now raise your sword and...perfect, look your a natural." He said, smiling at you.

You smiled at Gren. "You ready."

He nodded. "I'll go easy on you, don't worry."

"No, don't go easy on her, kick her into the mud!!!" Soren shouted.

"Why in the world would I do that?!" Gren asked, looking away.

You ran and swung your sword, stopping right before you would have hit him. "If this was a real fight, you'd be dead. Shall we go again?" You asked.

Gren chuckled and placed his finger on the tip of your sword, lowering it. "Alright, you've had your fun, now let's begin..."

You took a few steps back and stood in position. "Don't expect me to go easy on you just because your my commander. And don't underestimate me." You said, smiling.

He chuckled. "Oh ok, but I'm supposed to go easy on you?"

"I never said that, now enough talking, let's do this."