•01• First Clue

Pov. 3° Person

In the spirit realm, Zhong Kui sat on his throne, his fingers drummed on the stone of the armrest; he is in a good mood afterall, he did terrify his arch enemy, who wouldn't be? But his good mood was interrupted upon hearing the large doors of his throne room throw open. Two of the guards were holding up the Demon Jade Crane who was completely beaten and wasted.

"Do you have my scroll?" Zhong Kui asked.

"Unfortunately, not your majesty, she remains relentless, although there is something different about her...... Something much stronger than before." Báilù said the last part warily before looking up, revealing a large crack upon his face that went down to his neck and continued down to underneath his torn-up clothes with a faint (F/c) glow emanated from the cracks.

"She had help from the Six-Eared Macaque and The Great Sage. There was also a brat, who seemed to have The Great Sage powers." Báilù informed, earning a growl from his King, as he hit his fist on the armrest of the throne cracking the stone from his fury. "I only ask for you to do one thing!! Yet you can't even deliver me a simple task!!" Zhong Kui shouted angrily, causing his voice to echo throughout his kingdom. The Jade Crane demon lowered his head with his torn-up straw hat hiding the cracks on his face.

"Anything else that I should of know?" He said coldly. "Before I came back here, I discovered that the Monkey Queen had left the city. She went in search of the Temple of the Lotus Warriors... Alone." Now that information is interesting to the King, he thought a little before looking at Báilù. "I will give you one more mission for you and if you fail, your wings will be the newest addition to my collection in my trophy hall." Zhong Kui said with a bone chilling smile. Báilù to swallow hard as visibly shudder as he remembered the great corridor, where there were several belongings of many highly strong spirits that Zhong Kui defeated over the years in the spirit realm, an example being the Spider Queen's legs. The Crane demon nodded shakily, before hearing his mission and being dismissed.

As soon as he exited the throne room, his crack glowed brightly, causing him to hiss and put his hand to his face to ease the pain, suddenly, his dull cold green eyes were replaced by a soft and warm (F/c) glow. He closed his eyes hoping the pain would ease up but upon opening his eyes again he could see he was in a completely different place from the dark cold kingdom. He was confused as to what's going on, but he quickly realized that he was seeing now is a vision.

"I still don't understand, why do you want me as one of your generals?! I'm weak compared to the others..."

"Weak?! Ha! That isn't what I thought when we first met, when you single-handedly defeated five demons twice your size with just a mop."

"But people told me I'm weak... Just look around! I don't look anything like them. I am just a weak, malnourished heron demon!" Báilù repeated the last words that people had told him in the past. The queen thinks of what her next words will be, carefully.

"... You know, what? I'm going to tell you something that doesn't make much sense, but... I honestly like it when my opponents think I'm weak."

"Uh, why??" That completely took him by surprise to hear.

"Well, this way I can show them that I'm not weak. Where I can show off how truly powerful while giving them a good beating!... Plus, I find their reactions hilarious!" She chuckled at the memory of her past battles.

"You're one strange Queen..." He couldn't help but stare in awe as he thought of her words.

"Well now you better get used to it because you are my third general!"