•02• Night attack

"...Someone remind me again why we let Red Son come?" Mk asked, as he stared at the fire demon while Mei looked at him ready to start a fight. "Well, he said he needs Monkey Queen's help, and he also said he can be useful in a lot of things that us 'commoners' don't have the mental capacity to do" Pigsy said as he prepared a large pot of pasta for the entire crew. 

 Currently, they were in the dronecopter, which Sandy had rebuilt after the battle with Lady Bone Demon. All of them traveling toward the direction that Mk said (Y/n) went. The crew included: Sandy and Mo, who were at the helm. Pigsy is preparing food. Tang is studying some books he took with Mk, from Taejin's library, the owner of Monkey Queen's antique store/document library. Mei and Red Son are fighting one another like two dogs. While Monkey King is observing the Horizon from the cockpit. 

 "Guys, relax, this is the fourth time you've had a fight today!" Mk said separating Mei and Red Son once again. "This ship won't make it in one piece if you keep breaking apart of the droneship!" Mk said. 

 "Tell her that! I was quiet, checking my stuff then she came along to just annoy me!!" Red Son said pointing at Mei who scowled at him, provoking the fire demon once again. 

 "Why you little—" 

 "Land in sight!!" Sandy shouted interrupting the twos from possible their fifth fight today. The group draws their attention to each other before running off to the front of the drone. They all observed a large area of land below the drone. Feeling the ship landing on the ground, in a huge clearing. Monkey King jumped off the drone and looked at the surrounding forest. 

 "I'll explore around a bit, maybe I'll find some clue as to which direction she went next." Monkey King said as he stretches his body from side to side. 

 "Oh! Oh! I will go too!" Mk said before standing right next to Monkey King before looking at the rest of the group.  

"In the meantime, unpack camp. We'll be back late." Monkey King informed the group before he and Mk transformed into hawks as they flew high into the sky of the forest. 

 After flying for a long time, they decided to land in another clearing and began to examine the place. Mk who was checking some bush sighed and looking at Monkey King, who was checking a broken tree, before approaching him. 

 "Sooo..." Mk started absentmindedly kicking a rock. 

 "Have you actually met Monkey Queen before?" Mk asked. Wukong paused for a second before sighing. 

 "...Yes, I met her many centuries ago, she...was.... interesting, in a way..." Monkey King looked in the distance, he scratched the back of his head as he avoided his disciple's gaze.

 "..." Mk looked at him, seeing the obvious look of nostalgia and slight sadness in his teacher's eyes."...When did you know that she was imprisoned?" he asked. 

 Monkey King sighed sadly; his tail lowered to the point of falling to the ground. "...I found out when I went to visit her... I remember that day... I remember every minute..." 

✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~✺~

The wind swayed Monkey King's golden fur as he used his golden cloud to head towards a certain city, the city where Monkey Queen resided, or as he prefers to call her: Sweet-peach's. The way Monkey King met her was... amusing for the monkey and since then he always appears to pester her. Recently they had argued, and Monkey King had left the argument angrily, but after some time he cooled down, he decided to return to the city and try to regain the Queen's forgiveness.  

A smile grew on Sun Wukong's lips as he saw the city, but his expression grew horrified when he got closer. He could see large pockets of smoke were rising from various points in the city. Flying above it all he saw how great destruction is as the houses and buildings completely decimated. Distressing cries and screams could be heard from the commoners below. Soon, he spotted a familiar old gorilla demon tending to some injured people and without any hesitation Wukong landed. The gorilla demon's ears picked up at the new sound causing them to look back to just see Wukong's figure.