Introduction.

Hi everyone, Roxy here.

Yes, you read that right, YoungBlackstars posted a new story with its first chapter in like.. 3+ years.

While I could list plenty of reasons that would explain our disappearance, the most honest one is that.. life happened. I got a full-time job and barely had the time nor energy to write and over time, my writing candle's flame smothered itself. 

After re-discovering this account, I felt a sense of nostalgia. My still Bowie-loving heart set alight again and it just washed over me. I remembered the nice interactions on here and how much fun I had writing with my best friend ( of 7 years and running) Cameron. While all these feelings made me very happy, the candle was still unlit as ever. 

I started journaling a couple of months ago and suddenly realized that I write with such flow and fun. I let my brain go to all sorts of places without a map and explore as I go. When I wrote stories before, I always laid out the ground points of where I wanted a story to be headed - and while this can be great for world-building and a longer story, it was the thing that destroyed my writing flow completely when it came down to writing fanfiction. Being a natural-born perfectionist didn't help the case. I recall wanting to write a cool self-insert one-shot and finding myself tangled in a plotline that would stretch, at least, 2 chapters long... a one-shot I must remind you lol.

So this time I am doing things differently, I am going to write completely unscripted. 

whether you have been here for years or just joining, I hope you will join me on this new chapter - a fresh start on a fanfiction page run on love for one another and David Bowie <3